Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 What's the Best Muzzleloader I can buy out there today. >

What's the Best Muzzleloader I can buy out there today.

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What's the Best Muzzleloader I can buy out there today.

Old 12-26-2006, 08:30 PM

Default What's the Best Muzzleloader I can buy out there today.

Hi hunters...........I'm looking forward todeer huntwith amuzzleloader next year.........any help about which one is the Best?
Old 12-26-2006, 08:39 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: What's the Best Muzzleloader I can buy out there today.

Check your State regulations and see what restrictions if any there might be on rifle, action, ignition, and projectiles. Also what kind of price range are you looking at? Are we going to scope it? There are a lot of good rifles out there. The best ones could be different depending on who you talk to.
Old 12-26-2006, 08:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

alkoholik

Oh Boy! have you opened up what could be huge debate.... start with Cayugads suggestions first, with those answers you will narrow the field somewhat....

Old 12-26-2006, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am buying my 4th. My first was a Knight Disc, which is an excellent rifle, which I still have. I have a TC Omega, again an excellent gun. Ibought it because it was easier cleaningover the Knight Disc and a longer barrel.Jan2006 I bought aTC Hawken Flintlock, also 50 cal. I am going to buy a .50 cal Savage 10ML, why? When I have a Disc and an Omega? I can shoot smokeless in VA and NY where I hunt, and not have to worry about cleaning until after the season--it also is beautiful in Stainless Steel and Laminate stock. I hunt most of the time now withmuzzie. So what is best, in my mind it is a Savage 10 ML, but honestly you can't go wrong with a TC or a Knight. The top of the Line TC, the Encore Pro hunter is a beautiful rifle, I was thinking of getting one of those instead of a10ML.If you havebolt action rifles, stick with a bolt and get a Disc Extreme or a TC Black Diamond. Knight and TC seem to me to be the Winchester and Remington of MLs, below that is the cheaper Spanish rifles for 200 to 300.

Some will say that the cheaperrifles are not asaccurate or not a good, I don't think that is true. If you only have$200 buy the NEF.
Chap

Old 12-26-2006, 08:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

WITH OUT THE STATE nobody knows what to say some are very regulated some allow anything thats reasonable.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:36 PM
Typical Buck

Bottom line answer is "there is no perfect muzzleloader that will fit everyone". Once more specific data as to where and what you are hunting and about what you want to spend will start getting you a list of rifles to consider.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you look at the best as the one that cost the most and will handle the most pellets at once then this is the best of the very best. Starting at $1600.00 and going to near $3000.00 depending on model. It will handle 4 (four) Pyrodex pellets.

In the hands of a capable marksman, the BP Xpress has fired 5 shot groups of one half inch at 100 yards and 3.75" at 500 yards.

http://www.ultimatefirearms.com/modelsprices.htm
Al
Old 12-27-2006, 01:15 PM

Top of the line muzzleloaders are TC, Knight, and Austin and Halleck in my opinion. There are several cheaper, good guns if you don't wanna blow a whole lot of money, though. The CVA Kodiak/Winchester Apex is cheap and good for the money. Another good cheap one is the NEF Sidekick. Let us know what price range you're looking to go with and what kind your state allows. That's the only way we can help. Otherwise you'll get a hundred different opinions.
Old 12-27-2006, 02:48 PM
Fork Horn

In my opinion these are the best PRODUCTION rifles out there
Conicals= White

Performance= Savage because of its smokeless capabilities
nothing will shoot faster,flatter or farther. Besides ease of cleaning.

Smoker= TC Pro- Hunter. Very good quality rifle, pricey tho

Redclub
Old 12-27-2006, 03:25 PM

The Savage 10ML-II is the best performing and very durable ML when using smokeless, but be aware of regulations for your state. Another user on a Savage ML specific website that I frequent reported his account of taking a deer with a 325 yard shot.

Quick Reply: What's the Best Muzzleloader I can buy out there today.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.