Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 CVA Kodiak for $129 >

CVA Kodiak for $129

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

CVA Kodiak for $129

Old 12-25-2006, 07:17 AM
Fork Horn

Default CVA Kodiak for $129

I was driving down to Alabama from Missouri two days ago and I stopped at every WalMart along the way looking for deals. I bought lots of powder and other stuff half off so I should be good for a while. I was holding out for the $50 gun in Tupelo but they were all out when I called the morning that I left so I was now looking for other deals on guns. Found a Mossy Oak/Blue'd CVA Kodiak in Houston, MO for $129!!!! It was the last one so I bought it. I shot it yesterday and I have to say that I really like this gun! I plan on leaving this one open sights since I already bought a scope and put it on my T/C Omega. Keep your eyes open and take a drive away from your normal stomping grounds because there are deals out there.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: CVA Kodiak for $129

Awesome glad someone likes the Kodiak. I just got one for Christmas a Kodiak with stainless steel barrel and a camo composite stock. Seems to be nice im gonna shoot it tomarrow and then buy a red dot scope for it.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:33 AM
Fork Horn

Super bargin! Wish I would have found mine for that price. Happy shooting!
Old 12-25-2006, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ya i wish ic ould get one for that price also i got mine for $285 just plane
Old 12-25-2006, 08:38 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: wisbowhunter2009

Awesome glad someone likes the Kodiak. I just got one for Christmas a Kodiak with stainless steel barrel and a camo composite stock. Seems to be nice im gonna shoot it tomarrow and then buy a red dot scope for it.
I have a RED DOT on one of my inlines, and while it works good for 50 yards and under, if I had to do it all over again, I would get a Nikon 1X, or Thompson Center Hunter 1X scope which is legal in wisconsin. In fact I am getting one myself for one of my other rifles.. You don't increase in magnification, but you have an excellent aiming point.
Old 12-25-2006, 10:05 AM
Fork Horn

The kodiaks are very accurate rifles. I have friends that have them and are great shooters. That was a real good deal.
SHills
Old 12-25-2006, 02:44 PM
Fork Horn

I shot this gun again today and I have to say that I really like it. It feels more balanced than my Omega and theopen sights are definately better than the ones that came on my Omega. I let my brother and dad shoot it and there will be two new members to the muzzle loader world. They couldn't believe the distance, accuracy, and power this thing packs. I am very impressed with this gun.
Old 12-25-2006, 02:48 PM
Dominant Buck

It sounds like a real nice rifle. What load were you shooting? I saw one in a store up herebut they want a LOT more then what you paid... In fact next time I get up there, I will mention the deal you got just to see what they have to say...
Old 12-25-2006, 03:00 PM
Fork Horn

250gr shockwaves and 100gr T7 pellets and some loads with 100gr Pyrodex loose. I got the 100 ct boxes of T7 pellets at the same walmart for $19 each so I bought 3 boxes. If it is Walmart definately ask them when they plan to mark them down again. That is what happened to me, I was there early and they had justmarked it down again. I also got 2 boxes of Maxi-Hunters, 350gr,20ct for $5 each. I didn'tshoot any of them yet though.I think they are going to pack a good punch.
Old 12-25-2006, 03:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

MO Archer

Wish we had one around here I would git me one of em...but don't tell nobody...

Quick Reply: CVA Kodiak for $129

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.