Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TC Hawken

Old 12-24-2006, 04:16 PM

Default TC Hawken

I live in WA State and we have different laws than most states when it comes to Muzzleloading (Unable to shoot anything with 209 primers).Next year I plan to hunt with a muzzleloader but when I started my search. I was unable to find a TC Hawkin anywhere in stock. Does anyone know why a TC hawken is so hard to find? Or whyIm not able to find one in stock? Yes I know there are other brands out here but I really believe You get what you pay for.
Old 12-24-2006, 04:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: TC Hawken

BearElk

Hard to belive you can not find TC hawkens but it is the end of the season...

Where are you in WA?

Looks like Caines has got one...

http://www.cainsoutdoor.com/cart/asp/select_item.asp?item=18485

And I am sure that outfit in Coeur D' Alene has them in stock also... I'll see if I can find em...

Old 12-24-2006, 05:30 PM
Dominant Buck

FoxRidge Outfitters appear to have T/C Hawkins in both .54 & .58 which would be a real bonus for larger game or game at a longer distance.

There should be used rifles in the different auction sites.
Old 12-24-2006, 05:40 PM

I'm in Yelm WA.

I'm Glad you know where to look.I had a couple of people looking.Thanks for the Link. I added it to my favorites. I will be ordering first week in Jan 07.I'm on a wish list at a localcompany and already paid for the weapon but will be able to get my money back.I'm going out of state in the morning and won't be back until 4 Jan.
Old 12-24-2006, 05:53 PM

I'm looking for a Percussion Lock 50 Cal. Im only using it for Deer and most of the shots around here are under 75 yards. We have a lot of under brush and it is very thick. Thanks for the Help.

Old 12-24-2006, 05:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

BearElk

Call the Sportsmans Warehouse in Federal Way (253) 835-4100, ask for sporting goods -> then ask if they have one - if they do not ask them to do a computer inventory check to see any of the other stores have one. If you locate one you can order directly from that store, and they will mail it to you. I was in the Spokane store this past weekend and I am pretty sure they have two on hand - I really did not look at em I was looking at an inline.

You probably already know this but there are also inlines that are legal for WA. They just have to have an open breech, ignited with a cap, and open sights... several inlines will fill that bill...

Almost forgot again, and usually Cayugad handles these formalities his is one of the greater ambassadors of good will and good feeling on this forum, but welcome to the forum - I hope you grow to enjoy it as much as some of us do...

Have great Holiday Season and an even better 2007...

Old 12-24-2006, 05:57 PM
Typical Buck

http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/pp-classifieds/showproduct.php?product=209&cat=9
Old 12-24-2006, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a like new TC Hawken for $300 (included shipping) flintlock on Gunbroker.com, turned out to be an Army Navy Store near Pittsburg. $400 is kinda high.But the rifle looks beautiful. You will not find one any lower than $250, they just don't exist.
Chap Gleason
Old 12-25-2006, 06:44 AM
Typical Buck

I know of a good buddie of mine that has about 10 used t/c in percusion in 45 and 50 cal. seem he trying to sell them for the wife,the guy passed away if you like pm me for his info.
alex: is a great guy to deal with I think there is nothing wrong with a used t/c m/l warranty transfers no question asked
I talk with him and he does state these are guns that have been hunted with and are used but good shape.