Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Thanks for the help on the powder, bullets & sabots >

Thanks for the help on the powder, bullets & sabots

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Thanks for the help on the powder, bullets & sabots

Old 12-22-2006, 02:19 PM

Default Thanks for the help on the powder, bullets & sabots

Thanks to everyone that gave me all of the information on the bulk bullets, sabots and powders.

I have made my list and checked it twice, now it's off to Cabala's I go!

I was all set to purchase a regular firearm rifle today along with a scope.
I told my Wife that I still intend to get it but I am going to wait until the following Fall or Spring of 08'. Roskoe, I am still sticking with the original plan.

There are just way too many toy's that I need to get right now for this new hobby. I figure that I had better just stick with this Muzzle-loader and get it dialed in at the range. That new Knight has an appointment with a deer next year and it doesn't even know that it's time is running out!

I am going with the Swiss black powder 2F & 3F, I think that I will also grab a couple cans of Goex for experimenting. The gun is also getting the Power Stem breech plug.

I am going to get some bulk Gold Dots and a couple other bullets that were on the list.

Thanks again for all of the help, your explanations are much easier to understand than the books that I have been reading. Maybe a few of the guy's on here need to get together and put out a book for the beginning black-powder shooter. Although I sure appreciate being able to tap into all of this knowledge for free.

Mike

Old 12-22-2006, 02:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Thanks for the help on the powder, bullets & sabots

HD Road King

you start shooting your ML - you may not ever buy that new rifle... it is that addictive...

Old 12-23-2006, 01:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Thanks for the help on the powder, bullets & sabots

Sabotloader is wright. I put my BAR 30:06 away this year and just used my Omega. I feel prety confident with it out to 200 yds and I usually never get a shot at anything even close to that far away. Buy the way, my Omega is more accurate than the Browning anyway.