HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   CVA -Customer Service (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/170966-cva-customer-service.html)

lemoyne 12-20-2006 09:20 AM

RE: CVA -Customer Service

Have had to get parts for repairing guns a number of times, you can eventually get them the most sucessfull way is to send them an order for parts and a bank check. It had gotten to the point where I refused to work on them it wasmore trouble than was willing to put up with.Lee

grayland 12-20-2006 11:38 AM

ORIGINAL: chaz3815

sounds like the breachplug is not all the way in . Check it out that could be the problem , had that happen to my Encore once .
Charlie
Yeah,I thought about that too,but the problem was still there even with the breech plug removed.
I don't think the barrel was able to seat all the way and the barrel release lever wasn't allowed to engage completely(forward position).
With the gun broke open the hammer worked and the barrel release lever was in the foremost position. -This is what I believe was happening.
I don't like to slam the gun back together,but after doing so I can close it up normally again and the hammer works fine.

Maybe CVA is a better company to work for than mine,and the give their people more time off around the holidays. Hmmm,I wonder if they're hiring;)
-Gary

coyote170 12-20-2006 08:32 PM

used them twice great service,no problems!:)

grayland 12-21-2006 12:18 AM

ORIGINAL: zuren1cs

Hang tight despite the auto-response. I thought the exact same thing as you when I sent an email Mon. about getting a parts schematic for my new APEX. I got the same auto-response and was annoyed that in this "day andage" no one was there toreply.

However, I just got a response from BPI/CVA/Win. MLing this morningwith the .pdf file I requested. They musthave turned that auto-response on so they can avoid the stupid questions but are still checking the email account to answer easy/quick questions. You may get a response yet.

Well zuren1cs,you were spot on. Just got an email today:

Try this open the action and close it hard then push the release lever forward toward the muzzle now cock the gun this should fit it and after a short break in period you will not have any problem
[/align] [/align] [/align] [/align] David H. Meredith[/align] Customer Service Manager[/align] Public Relations[/align] [/align] 5988 Peachtree Corners East[/align] Norcross, GA 30071-1336[/align] 770-4494687 Ext 111[/align]

I guess maybe I should of had a little more patience,or maybe they should rephrase their auto-response.
I'm still curious as to wether or not removing the trigger assembly would void the warranty.
-Hopefully I'll never have to come to that bridge.
-Gary

zuren1cs 12-21-2006 01:47 PM

Glad you got a response.

The parts schematic for my APEX says NOT to "open" the falling block assembly, but mentions nothing about removing it entirely. If it needs repair, it looks like the whole falling block/trigger mechanism is replaced. I can only assume yours is similar.

Pglasgow 12-21-2006 02:34 PM

zuren1cs,

Have you shot your Apex yet? I've decided to do nothing with the Apex trigger. The palm swell, trigger placement in the guard, and overall extra size of the trigger guard allow my to just hand-shake it.With thesecond joint of the index finger resting on the trigger,a gentle squeeze of the hand causes the trigger to break awesome!

zuren1cs 12-22-2006 09:46 AM

ORIGINAL: Pglasgow

zuren1cs,

Have you shot your Apex yet? I've decided to do nothing with the Apex trigger. The palm swell, trigger placement in the guard, and overall extra size of the trigger guard allow my to just hand-shake it.With thesecond joint of the index finger resting on the trigger,a gentle squeeze of the hand causes the trigger to break awesome!
I have not been able to shoot yet. I'm hoping to get to the range tomorrow if the weather cooperates, then I plan to take it and my shotgun up to my buddy's place to get 1 last morning of deer hunting in this year. I have large, thin hands (can palm a basketball) so I have noticed no issues with bringing the gun up and being ready to fire.I'll just have to get use tohaving to cock the hammer. The trigger seems lighter thanmy RemingtonMdl 700 .270 Win. and my Rem. 870 12 ga. I can shoot a0.25-0.5" group at 100 yds. with the .270, so I don't think the trigger break on the APEX will affect anything.

liquidorange 12-22-2006 03:14 PM

funny this thread came up. i bought my brothers the optima last year. one of them is a lefty . when i went to switch the hammer extension over to the other side i snapped it off. the thread is opposite and i didnt know. i called and had to wait about 20 minutes to talk to a person but bottom line even though i was the one who broke it they are sending me a new one. good company!