HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   CVA -Customer Service (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/170966-cva-customer-service.html)

grayland 12-19-2006 10:23 AM

CVA -Customer Service

Having a problem with my Optima,thought I'd email CVA and ask them.
Well here's my answer:

Dear BPI Customer,

Due to unforeseen personnel shortages within our Customer Service Department, we will not be able to read or respond to your e-mail. If your message is urgent, please use one of the following methods to contact us:

1) Send your request by fax to (770) 242-8546 using the form below, or
2) Call us at (770) 449-4687.

We recommend that you visit the FAQ section of our website for answers to the most common questions we receive.

Thank you for your understanding.
Blackpowder Products Customer Service

Please visit our websites for current product catalogs and additional news & information.

==================================

URGENT FAX -- PLEASE DELIVER TO CVA CUSTOMER SERVICE

NAME_______________________________
ADDRESS____________________________
E-MAIL_____________________________
MODEL OF GUN_______________________________

QUESTION OR NATURE OF PROBLEM:
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Pglasgow 12-19-2006 10:36 AM

RE: CVA -Customer Service

Have you tried calling? How long is the wait time?

cayugad 12-19-2006 10:45 AM

This is not all that strange of an occurrance. It will probably be tempory at best. Or at least I hope so. BPI always had good customer service in the past, I see no reason why the future would change that. Call them on the telephone. Be sure to let us know how they do.

Chris W. 12-19-2006 10:48 AM

Give them a call. I've always gotten better responses and service with any company by picking up the phone and getting a voice on the line. I've had great service from CVA in the past.

Pglasgow 12-19-2006 10:49 AM

Maybe, they are giving most everyone some time off for the holidays and running a skeleton crew? They probably twiddle their thumbs alot around the holidays. I am still curious about the wait time for reaching someone for help.

grayland 12-20-2006 12:16 AM

No I didn't bother calling.I've had bad experiances with Remington,Beretta etc -you know, waiting for what seems like forever.I was just looking for a simple yes or no answer.
The problem I was having, had to do with the hammer not locking back in the "ready to fire" position with the gun together.When I'd break the gun open the hammer would "lock" no problem.I cleaned it out, but didn't find anything,no debris -nothing.
With the gun locked up I could get the hammer to "lock" but only after applying quite a bit(A LOT) of pressure.
What I wanted to know was wether or not my warranty would be voided if I knocked the pins out and took the trigger assembly out.-After looking at the pins I decided it probably wasn't a good idea(they didn't look like the ones in shotgun recievers).
Well after monkeying with it for a while(and getting madder by the minute) I decided to lock the gun up hard-well, low and behold,the hammer's locking normal again.
Don't know what, how or why but everythings back to normal and life is good again.

I was a little P.O'd after getting an automated reply.I wasn't expecting an immediate response,but this time of year and this "day n age" I would expect a company to have enough personnel to respond within a day or so to emails.Our muzzleloader season just ended as I'm sure other states are still active or just finishing up...
Oh well - All is well again and I'm ready for the late "does only" season.
I'm glad this all happened at the range and at home vs. in the deer blind.
-Gary

chaz3815 12-20-2006 12:56 AM

sounds like the breachplug is not all the way in . Check it out that could be the problem , had that happen to my Encore once .
Charlie

petasux 12-20-2006 06:03 AM

I bought a CVA sidelock about 6 years ago.It never worked right, it would only go off about every third try and it cost me several deer that first year i owned it.Turned out the hammer wasnt lined up right with the nipple.

I emailed them, called them, and everything else for about four months, they never responded to my emails and when I called they would tell me the customer service guys were all busy, please leave my name and number and theyd get back to me.I wound up buying a new Knight inline before season that fall because I couldnt get a reply and ran out of time.The gun still in my closet, still not working right and hasnt been out in 5 years.Ive talked to others whove had better luck with them however, not sure what the problem was with getting back ahold of me[:'(]

I almost forgot I had it, maybe I should get that old sidelock back out and try bending the hammer myself now that I feel a little more comfortable toying with them:eek:

cayugad 12-20-2006 08:49 AM

WOW! I must live under a lucky star. I have called them anytime I wanted and never waited more then a few minutes to speak to a customer service technician who answered my questions or authorized me to mail the rifle back to them for repairs.

I bought a CVA Stalker Carbine a while back and had to mail it in twice (for the same thing I might add) because the trigger went from #12 pounds to #0 pounds after they mailed it back, and finally they have it at a nice #3.5 pounds.

They have also answered my emails when I sent them. Perhaps the email thing is because of the season of the increase in sales have driven them to that point. I know I was upset when Thompson Center did the no email thing too.. But all I had to do was call them as well for questions.

zuren1cs 12-20-2006 09:13 AM

Hang tight despite the auto-response. I thought the exact same thing as you when I sent an email Mon. about getting a parts schematic for my new APEX. I got the same auto-response and was annoyed that in this "day andage" no one was there toreply.

However, I just got a response from BPI/CVA/Win. MLing this morningwith the .pdf file I requested. They musthave turned that auto-response on so they can avoid the stupid questions but are still checking the email account to answer easy/quick questions. You may get a response yet.