Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

White Ultra-Mag

Old 12-14-2006, 11:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default White Ultra-Mag

Do not talk about it much over here cause I didn't use it much this year was using the Omega instead - but next year it is the Whites turn...

The mainreason I did not use it this season was was because the Omega was easier to pack around in my hand all day hunting.My White had a grey/black laminate stock on it and to me the stock was heavy the gun was and the stock was to thick tofit comfortable in my hands - the real probelm is that I am not the guy I use to be getting to dang old... but I think I have solved the problem... I got a composit stock from Doc - I think it might be the last one he had for a model 97 switched out the laminate to the composit and everthing feels right... It is a lighter stock and it is thinner - even a bit shorter... Now here is the problem - the olny stock he had was a camo stock - it had been dipped by Rocky Mountain Camo to "Autumn Aspen" - now up here in norther Idaho we have an Aspen or two but not many so I do not know how effective the camo is going to be - but I am starting to like it a little bit - I leave it outin the work room so I have to look at it every time I go by it. I added a comb lift to get me up to the scope and the other day I out on apalm swell - man thatreally feels good in the hand.

Well after all of this I think I am happy - just wish we had more hunting season... might try it and a 180 grain 10mm Speer Gold Dot on a coyote this winter - could be fun...

Remember you do not throw the stock at the animal it is just a part of the gun and it was the only one I could get...

mike

Old 12-14-2006, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: White Ultra-Mag

I really like "autumn aspen". It looks great on her.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Pglasgow

Why thank you Pglasgow - besides being an onry scottsman you are a gentleman - I like positive comments - sides I can always paint it black if'n I need to...
Old 12-14-2006, 11:43 AM

i like the aspen camo. i hardly think the deer/elk will notice the different pattern.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:28 PM
Dominant Buck

Well I really like the stock sabotloader. I know you took some teasing (very well I might add) on the DWB board since they are all nuts over there and love to kid. But I really like the looks of it. I personally would not change a thing. I can assure you, that stock will blend in beautiful in the fall and early winter woods. Most people thing of the woods as a few basic standard colors in theschmematic color spectrum but they could not be more wrong. The woods are actually filled with all colors. I like it and so do you.. have you shot the rifle with that stock on it yet?
Old 12-14-2006, 12:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

cayugad

have you shot the rifle with that stock on it yet?
Naw! and I really want to, but after my last trip to Spokane on Monday I had to force myself to go work a couple of days to pay for the trip... And today in fact all weekend it is suppose to rain like heck - we have lost most of the snow we had...

I did put a couple of teflon shims in the lug pockets to lift the barrel off the stock a bit (float it) Do you have a laminate or composit stock? I think I am remembering yours was laminate - I might have Cascadedad check his White to see if the barrel is floating in that stock or does Doc sit them right down against the composit likeRemington did?

I really wanna shoot it... that palm grip is really an added comfort - but i am use to them because my trap shotguns have the palm swell...

Old 12-14-2006, 12:43 PM
Dominant Buck

did you get the palm grip and cheek pad from Brownell's. I think I saw them there. I have a rifle or two that could use some of that.. Our snow also melted off for the most part although we got a dusting last night. I hope we get a bunch of it before the holidays. I have company coming and they want to see snow.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:45 PM
Fork Horn

You have a nice looking gun there sabotloader. I love the camo stock. You guys on this forum have to really stop showing me pics of muzzleloaders or help get me enrolled in a muzzleloaders annomous program. lol
Old 12-14-2006, 12:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

cayugad

did you get the palm grip and cheek pad from Brownell's.
That is where I ordered my first ones - these came from Sportsmans Warehouse in Spokane... along with a whole bunch of other stuff... I hate that place... Now they are going to build a Cabelas in Post Falls a few miles north of here - I'l never get fully retired....

Yes, my grandaughters are coming over for Christmas and they want to play in the snow badly... they only see it once in a great while in the Tri-Cites any way enough to play in...
Old 12-14-2006, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Wimuzzleman

You have a nice looking gun there sabotloader. I love the camo stock. You guys on this forum have to really stop showing me pics of muzzleloaders or help get me enrolled in a muzzleloaders annomous program. lol
You didn't know? This IS a muzzleloaders anonymous program. Tell us your story.

Quick Reply: White Ultra-Mag

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.