Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Forum help

Old 12-07-2006, 04:09 PM

Default Forum help

Hey I need some help here. My problem is every day I get mail from this site and Icant figure out how to make it stop.I've been trying different settings on my profile but nothing seems to change.So sence the day I joined I start my internet unwanted mail or post that I dont care about. Will logging off do the trick? Thanks Dan

[/align]
Old 12-07-2006, 06:27 PM

Default RE: Forum help

Well guys is it the nature of the beast or am I the only one?
Old 12-07-2006, 07:41 PM
Dominant Buck

check your profile and see what kind of notifications you have checked... I have never got a e-mail from the forum except to advise me that a IM is waiting for me to be read...
Old 12-09-2006, 08:53 AM

Cayugad, thanks for the reply I have done about everything I can think of But the corect thing I guess I'll keep trying.While I have you on the hook I'd like to ask a question of you.I have a T/C hawkins that my wife bought for me about 19 or 20 years ago. Do you know the twist the barrel has.I shoot power belts out of it and really like the knock down power I have gotten from them ( out of the last 5 deer I shot 4 I dropped them in their tracks) all were less than 50 yds except last year and that was about 80 or so. I have two of them actully the other one I painted in snow camo.Next question I also have two white mtn. carbines. I don't care for the hard trigger pull on them at all. What is the twist on them and what bullet as well? Thanks Dan.

[/align]
Old 12-09-2006, 09:10 AM
Dominant Buck

[/align]
The Thompson Center Hawkins have a 1:48 twist normally. I think many years ago, some actually came out with 1-66 but they are not often seen.

The Thompson Center White Mountain Carbine, I am starting to doubt actually has a set twist. One person I know who owns one, claims their rifle has a 1-20 twist. Another White Mountain owner refuses to budge, their rifle has a 1-32 twist. The .54 calibers were said to have a 1-48 twist.

So the twist they have is normally fast, 1-32 to 1-20 for the .50 calibers. They shoot conicals, sabots, and powder belts very well from all I have read. People that have them really seem to like that as a stalking and tree rifle.

As for the hard trigger, give Thompson Center a call and ask them if they can fix that for you. They are normally good about making those adjustments. It will cost you postage of the rifle one way, but it might be well worth it. A hard trigger is the greatest enemy to accuracy there is.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Inside most repetitive emails are words that offer you the option to unsubscribe from the emails.

Have you looked for this wording?

Old 12-09-2006, 10:44 AM

So should I shoot patch and ball out of my Hawkin? Thanks P.S. I like the santa thats funny and I will look next time at my mail thanks Dan.