Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 ROUGH IDEA OF COST >

ROUGH IDEA OF COST

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

ROUGH IDEA OF COST

Old 09-22-2006, 10:51 PM

Default ROUGH IDEA OF COST

I FOUND AN UNFIRED LH TC RENEGADE .50, HOW MUCH IS TOO MUCH?
Old 09-22-2006, 11:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ROUGH IDEA OF COST

Unfired as in New?
Just no product box, warranty papers or manual... right?

Is it a double trigger Renegade or single trigger Renegade Hunter?

Old 09-22-2006, 11:11 PM

YES UNFIRED AS IN NEW, NO PAPERS OR BOX, DOUBLE TRIGGERS, OLD STYLE BLADEFRONT SIGHT
Old 09-23-2006, 07:40 AM
Dominant Buck

Since it is the older style with the target set trigger, you have a real fine rifle there in front of you. If the rifle is mint condition, then $250.00 would not be unreasonable orout of the question. New, that rifle is going to sell around $400.00 and some places even more.

The older Renegades, before they became the Renegade Hunter with the single trigger you will find are sweet. The set trigger to me makes a big difference in the rifle and the charm of the rifle. The Renegade looks very traditional to me.

If this is an auction site, they have a good idea what the rifle will sell for. And their starting price will usually reflect that. The other thing to take into consideration is the rifle is left handed. Therefore a larger part of the potential market is not in the running for the rifle. This might work to your advantage and then again they my "hang their hat" on this fact of the rifle.

The other question you need to ask your self is.. how bad to do you want the rifle. You might wait a long time before you come across a left handed new condition Renegade. Were it me and I wanted it, I could see going as high as $300.00 if I needed a left handed rifle.
Old 09-23-2006, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

The single trigger Renegade Hunter now sells for $389-$409. I just looked yesterday because I've got the itch to buy a new Renegade Hunter 58 caliber with a 1-48' twist.... lol

The full-lifetime, owner-transferable warranty remains in effect for as long as the left-hand ML exists. Like Cayugad stated, it's worth $300 minimum.

Being a LH, discontinued model, it may carry some over-value too. As an example, when Navy Arms discontinued the Hawkens Hunter 58 caliber a few years ago, two parties bought all the remaining stock as an investment - so auction house prices soared from $289 to $389.

Hard to say really ......

Old 09-23-2006, 05:33 PM
Spike

I just bought a LH renegade, 54 percussion, kit at RMC sports for 225.00 It is the old style with set trigger. It had been on the shelf for a long time. I jump on left handed muzzleloaders as there is not a lot out there for us folks in our right mind.