Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

[Deleted]

Old 01-13-2002, 01:29 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-13-2002, 02:45 PM

Default RE: I can see it coming already....

I expect you are right drache. Why is it that in Iowa centerfire rifles are not allowed anyway? Is Iowa that denseley populated or is there some other reason? I think in some states the thinking was to allow weapons that have a more limited range than rifles so as to prevent accidental hits two miles away on houses and cars and people. I guess we need to make sure the lawmakers make decisions based on good information and not on myths and wivestales. But the high performance muzzleloaders available today will more than likely cause some changes in hunting regulations.
Old 01-13-2002, 03:04 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-16-2002, 05:31 PM
Fork Horn

Yes, I too can see putting restrictions on new high power muzzleloaders. And I'm not sure that's such a bad idea. Drache is right, there are few places one can stand and not see a house, but the truth is Iowa is not a place for center fire rifles during deer season. Drache and I have talked about how the woods during shotgun season can be over-run with deer hunters. I won't even consider hunting first deer season anymore. I don't really even want to go bird hunting then. Now, I know even a shotgun slug travels over a mile, but I don't think we need bullets that can fly into the next county. I don't want to see this turn into a traditional m-loader vrs in-line discussion, because I own and love to shoot both. I guess asking us to use a little common sense might be asking too much. Jim
Old 01-16-2002, 06:50 PM

Let's think about the new slugs and rifled slug barrels. I've seen shotgun slugs in the store claiming 2400fps. thats faster than my inline will do with the load I shoot. I do believe at some point the powers that be will step in to limit some things.
Old 01-16-2002, 07:32 PM
Typical Buck

I don't see states restricting or banning modern in-lines at all. A state Game Commission or DNR may take it upon itself to impose such restrictions, but not likely. Some organized lobbying effort will have to made for the GC or DNR, to inact such restriction or bans. Even then if they do the proper research, like herd study, numer of hunters applying for such permits, and economic impact of such restrictions, they may decide that such restrictions or bans may not be warrented.

If they do inact restrictions on advanced in-lines for the muzzleloading seasons, will that open the door to more restriction on other seasons? Like would they restrict the use of 80% let off compound bows or compounds all together? Would they restrict the use of slugs during shotgun season and require 00 buck as the largest round you can use?

In many of the mid-western states, they do not allow the use of centerfire rifles during deer season, but you can use 220 swifts, 7mm STW's, 300 Win Mag's, ultra mags, or anything else you want to shoot coyotes and other varmints. yet, they may restrict what kind of muzzlelaoder one can hunt with. That don't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Edited by - 1SHOT_1KILL on 01/16/2002 20:33:29
Old 01-17-2002, 07:52 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-17-2002, 04:28 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-19-2002, 06:53 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
With the technology and advances being made in modern muzzleloaders today, aren't we just cutting our own throats? What I mean is that blackpowder seasons in many states was instituted for the traditional hunter. With all of these new &quot;more powerful&quot; guns coming out and being used in these seasons I can see it clearly on the horizon of states eventually putting more restrictions on what gun we are allowed to use during this season.

Take Iowa where I live for example. For deer seasons we can use a shotgun, handgun (no-semi's), or muzzleloader for firearms. No rifles whatsoever. Now with modern inlines becoming more advance and having the capability to reach out to 300 yards I can see the state putting a restriction on these.

So do you think the new technologies are just steering us towards restrictions?
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
as with everything, good is never good enough. there always has to be improvements,
look at the bow.what ever happens everyone can thank all the technical brains for all the modern improvements on our weapons.
Old 01-19-2002, 07:23 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.