Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 What's To See in Coeur d'Alene ID? >

What's To See in Coeur d'Alene ID?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What's To See in Coeur d'Alene ID?

Old 08-25-2006, 06:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default What's To See in Coeur d'Alene ID?

Hi Guys,

I'm gearing up for a cow elk hunt in ID mid-Sept and will have a few hours to scout around too. Where do you all recommend I check out when I'm in Coeur d'Alene with nothing to do for the afternoon? I'd be interested in deer/elk hunting spots - ML preferred of course.

thanks a bunch guys!
phil

Old 08-25-2006, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What's To See in Coeur d'Alene ID?

I believe you would find more answers in this forum below.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tt.aspx?forumid=32
Old 08-25-2006, 09:42 PM

Might want to give Sabotloader a PM.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:49 PM

When in CDA you may want to check out Black Sheep Sporting Goods as they are about the best toy store in Eastern WA/ Idaho. It is 2 miles north of I-90 on 95. For a good meal try the wolf lodge. Take I-90 East out of town to the Wolf Bay exit and then follow the signs to the wolf lodge steakhouse. Best steak you may ever eat. Besides that the lake has some pretty good fishing going on in September for kokanee and chinook. Its a downrigger game, but 25 fish limits are nice. If you need any more info let me know as I am in Spokane.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:39 AM

Stratofisher1, I've never been to Black Sheep. What makes it better than White Elephant or Sportsman's WH? Will definitely have to check it out next time I am over that direction.

Phil, you better get that gun dialed in, your running out of time!!!!! Good thing the one you got practically dials itself in.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:54 AM

And now, the ultimate question of the thread.... How does one pronounce "Coeur d'Alene" correctly? I honestly don't have a clue.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:56 AM

core da lane
Old 08-26-2006, 06:15 PM
Fork Horn

stratofisher1
Thank you stratofisher1. That's great info - if we have time I'll look into doing some guided chinook fishing on the lake. And I'm always up for a great steak so will definitely go to wolf lodge steakhouse one of the nights I'm there. Toy stores are always fun too ...

cascadedad
Agreed, our UM's can almost shoot themselves, eh? I'm planning on taking my 30-06 if things don't settle in enough using the ML. I've got a couple more range trips planned before my Sept 14th trip so time will tell if I use it or my UM ...

thanks,
phil

Old 08-26-2006, 11:57 PM

The black sheep has much more "stuff" than the White Elephant and is much cheaper than Sportsmans. The fishing and hunting selection is awesome. Plus I like the prices and lower tax in Idaho!
Old 08-27-2006, 10:30 AM
Fork Horn

I've been to White Elephant in Spokane so Black Sheep in CDA seems good enough to check outwhile I'm there!

thanks again,
phil

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.