Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 TC Warranty Dept…who to ask for ??? >

TC Warranty Dept…who to ask for ???

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TC Warranty Dept…who to ask for ???

Old 07-07-2006, 08:42 PM

Default RE: TC Warranty Dept…who to ask for ???

ORIGINAL: Hunter John

Steve et al, I wanted to give you an update on how I made out with TC…although it’s not over yet. First, the fellow I spoke to was Brian Thing (603-332-2333, ext 530). From what I understand, he is the Senior Service Mgr who oversees the Repairs Dept, amongst other areas. Brandon Gullison, who was recommended by another poster here, is actually in charge of sales, which explains why he didn’t return the message I left for him.
FYI...TC's Service Manager was Tim Pancurak for almost 30 years...he retired March 1st...dealt with Timmany time over the past 15 years. Duringa farewell phone call to Tim in late February, he told me thatBrandon Gullison would be taking his place...if what you say is true about him being a "sales manager" itmust have been a temporarystand in role...just wanted to clarify thatI gave you the name Brandon Gullison in good faith...TC should make things right for you...
Old 07-08-2006, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

FWIW...

I just sent in a Renegade stock with lock& trigger attached that were giving me fits. First... it was taking two shots to fire the cap -- then it got more & more slop in the trigger -- then lastly, both the trigger & lock jammed shut.

I am boxing it as I type this& sending it to T/C for repairs and/or replacement. It's possible I need a new lock and trigger. Goes with the territory with buying these thingsat a gun auction. Usually the seller keeps the gun if it's functioning normally. So every time I buy thru auctions, I expect problems with the ML.

I already sold the partially rusted barrel - after a few hours of retuning it to a non-rusted, non rifling-cloggedstate.

I will re-open this thread when T/C returns the stock assembly to me. I'll report on what they did & if it cost me anything.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:45 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: roundball

ORIGINAL: Hunter John

Steve et al, I wanted to give you an update on how I made out with TC…although it’s not over yet. First, the fellow I spoke to was Brian Thing (603-332-2333, ext 530). From what I understand, he is the Senior Service Mgr who oversees the Repairs Dept, amongst other areas. Brandon Gullison, who was recommended by another poster here, is actually in charge of sales, which explains why he didn’t return the message I left for him.
FYI...TC's Service Manager was Tim Pancurak for almost 30 years...he retired March 1st...dealt with Timmany time over the past 15 years. Duringa farewell phone call to Tim in late February, he told me thatBrandon Gullison would be taking his place...if what you say is true about him being a "sales manager" itmust have been a temporarystand in role...just wanted to clarify thatI gave you the name Brandon Gullison in good faith...TC should make things right for you...
I have also dealt with Tim for many years. Great fellow and really know's T/C products. I wish him well.

I've dealt with T/C since 1970 and never had a problem. That said, I have hadan instancewhere things did get a little flubbed up.

One time: I got a 50 caliber Hawken barrel returned when the bluing was abnormally wearing on my 54 Renegade barrel and I sent it in for re-bluing (after eight years). T/C paid for the 50 cal return and sent me my barrel re-blued next day air which actually took three days to process. Fortunately I have many ML's so was not left with nothing to carry afield otherwise I might have beenmore dissapointed.

Overall of anymanufacturer, Thompson/Center is by far the very best in service in my experiences and I am confident they will get your issues squared away. I am surprised that they returned a rifle that way=poorly packaged.

For that matter, I have rarely had issues with T/C weaponry.

Please post the outcomes of these issues.

Tahquamenon
Old 08-01-2006, 12:51 PM

Good news! Just wanted to share how my TC Firehawk warranty problem was resolved after sending it back to TC for the second time. (Recall that the first time I sent it in, they merely returned the firearm without doing anything to it [:@])

In summary, not only did they fix the original problem that I sent it back for (front sight alignment off), but they due to the age of the firearm they replaced without request or charge:
- the bolt (so now I can use 209 primers if I want)
- the bolt spring
- the rear sight
- the front sight
- the nipple
- they even reblued some parts of the barrel that were worn with age

Again, all work performed without charge. Just a tip, you may want to speak to Brian Thing (603-332-2333, ext.530) before sending any firearm back...he may request that you send it to his attention at TC.

Can't wait to get out with it, but have no ambition to shoot when it's +90 degrees.[&o]

Roundball - I appreciate you recommending Brandon Gullison and only interpretted your doing so as a good faith gesture. Thank you.

As they say: All's well that ends well.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good news indeed John!

Now get out& make some smoke.... even in 90-degree weather. T/C Inc does the same with me... even fixes otherstuff I didn't thinkwere problems.

We are nearing a record temp here today. It should hit 100 today - with an heat/humidity index of 110+.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

As I have posted here before, I have an Omega with problems that I sent in and it came back worse(shipping damage).
Have been too busyto deal it. Had time yesterday to call - got customer service and explined I had issues I wish to discuss with someone.
She forwarded me to a supervisor's voicemail. I left a detailed message of the history explaining my call and asked that he contact me to discuss this.

This message was left 7/31/06 at 1:35 pm.
It is now 8/1/06 at 5:35 pm.
No call.

Steve

Old 08-01-2006, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

steve i think you should give it more than one day. it is summer time and people are on vacations and such. i would give it another day and try calling again. there customer service had been legendary. i recently accidently threw out a new rear tang with my new barrel i bought for my new englander. they are sending me a new one for free. i wouldnt worry im sure your gonna get help.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope so - I feel like Iv'e been blown off and ignored to this point - not to mention the time and money invested so far.

I will be away from phone and email next 4 days - wonder if the call will come then.

Steve
Old 08-01-2006, 08:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

i sent in a barrel to be blued. they said 65 dollars,not free. i got barrel back and parts where rod is held was missing. i called. they said they shipped it, i said,NO YOU DID NOT.then they said, well, its lost and we dont have replacement for that barrel. 2 weeks later rod showed up and note they are not charging me for bluing. they do and were going to charge me for bluing.check with them before you send gun in to see if there is charge.just because some have got it free does not mean you will.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

a hot blue job is worth over 100$ last i checked. so 65$ would be a steal. maybe times are changing with the management but i hope not.

Quick Reply: TC Warranty Dept…who to ask for ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.