Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Cabelas Alaskan Guide scopes >

Cabelas Alaskan Guide scopes

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Cabelas Alaskan Guide scopes

Old 06-24-2006, 01:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default Cabelas Alaskan Guide scopes

Does anyone have any experience with these scopes?
Old 06-24-2006, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cabelas Alaskan Guide scopes

Tell us.....

how much you want to spend
what magnification you are seeking
what rifle it's going on
how much eye relief do you need.

That's (4) ways to point you to a better, brand-name scope at the same cost or less.
Old 06-24-2006, 04:11 PM
Fork Horn

I'm trying to find out if anyone has had good or bad experiences with Cabelas Scopes.
Old 06-24-2006, 08:46 PM

I use the Cabelas Pine Ridge 2.5-7x32 blackpowder scope on my new MDM muzzleloader and love it. It is really clear and the adjustments are tight plus it has 4" of eye relief. Used that one to put the first notch on the new rifle last year during muzzleloading season. Im planning on buying a couple more for two other rifles. For 69.99 they are a pretty good scope and Cabelas stands behind their brands. I have read good things about the Alaskan guide scopes also. Try one and if you dont like it send it back. They will refund your money or trade you out for something else.
Old 06-24-2006, 08:56 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: skamaniac

Does anyone have any experience with these scopes?
Well they are a top of the line scope. Who makes them I have no idea. But I really have not heard anything bad about that series of scopes. I personally think there are some really good scopes out there where you are not paying for the Cabela's name.
Old 06-24-2006, 09:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm trying to find out if anyone has had good or bad experiences with Cabelas Scopes.
Don't want my help -- that's fine!

Whenever I suggest a different scope, that usuallyindicates I've come across issues with these European-made scopes from ML & centerfire posters on 17 messageboards I visit.

Good luck in your search.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Triple Se7en

Don't want my help -- that's fine!
I wouldn't take what he said personally. I don't think he meant that he didn't want your help at all. Just that he wants to hear about some experiences withthe scopes.

He may be like me and not really know how to answer the questions you asked. Fact is, I've boughtcheap, probably inferior, optics through the years and all are still serving me well. I just don't know what I'm missing out on. I guess. I'm not knowlegdeable enough to know what eye relief I need, want, or otherwise.

I think skamaniac may appreciate being directed to the posts orindividuals who were dissatisfied if you can remember them.

Happy Hunting, Phil
Old 06-25-2006, 05:53 AM
Fork Horn

"I wouldn't take what he said personally. I don't think he meant that he didn't want your help at all. Just that he wants to hear about some experiences withthe scopes. "

Exactly!! I'm interested in knowing PERSONAL opinions from those who own or have owned Cabelas Alaskan Guide scopes.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

"I wouldn't take what he said personally. I don't think he meant that he didn't want your help at all. Just that he wants to hear about some experiences withthe scopes. "

Exactly!! I'm interested in knowing PERSONAL opinions from those who own or have owned Cabelas Alaskan Guide scopes.
Sorry I can't help, as I've never known anyone who has used a Cabela's scope of any description. As a matter of fact, I've often wondered myself about how they perform, as they sure sound good in the Cabela's catalog, and seem reasonably priced.....
Old 06-25-2006, 11:11 AM

I knew what you meant skamaniac. Thats why I told you what I did about my cabelas scope. Sometimes people respond before they realize they arent actually answering the question the right way then they get mad at you for not responding totheir blunder. Some people you will find have a chip on their shoulder but it is best just to ignore them like I have.

Quick Reply: Cabelas Alaskan Guide scopes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.