Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 thompson center hawken >

thompson center hawken

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

thompson center hawken

Old 06-13-2006, 09:48 AM

Default thompson center hawken

what is the QLA (quick load accurizer) muzzle system ???????????????

early
Old 06-13-2006, 09:54 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: thompson center hawken

Here is how Thompson Center explaines it.,

13: I've heard about T/C's new QLA® Muzzle System. What exactly is it?
T/C's QLA® Muzzle System (Quick, Load, Accurizor) is basicly a built in "false muzzle". Many old time target shooters used to attach a false muzzle to their rifle barrel for loading purposes, to guarantee precise alignment of the projectile during the loading procedure. They would then remove the "false muzzle" prior to shooting. The "false muzzle" also protected the rifling from being damaged or worn during loading. T/C's QLA® Muzzle is built right into the end of the barrel in all of our rifles permanently. It guarantees consistent alignment of your projectile in that its surrounded by steel for 360 degrees prior to being driven down the bore and engraved with the rifling. The projectile can't tilt, and the shape can't be altered (lead is soft) as it is started down the bore. This consistent alignment from shot to shot greatly improves the accuracy potential of the rifle by eliminating one of the variable associated with good accuracy... projectile alignment. T/C's QLA® Muzzle System also makes loading your second shot in the field much easier. You merely drop the projectile in the barrel and go straight to your ramrod, using short strokes. It eliminates the hassle of trying to align the projectile with one hand, and drive it into the rifling with a short starter.

Old 06-13-2006, 10:03 AM

aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i see the light

much obliged !!!!!!!!!!

early
Old 06-13-2006, 01:14 PM

But you give up another inch of rifling in the process, and if you don't shoot conicals exclusively then it's a waste.

Patched round ballscan be difficult to load as the ball & patch drop loosely down into the QLA, sometimes moving off the patch.

There is probably not much of a bigger TC fan than I am, however, I will say that the QLA wasa marketing ploy to try and keep attention on their flagging sales oftraditional muzzleloaders becauseeveryone was leaving them and going to other manufacturer's inlines asTC wasn't up to speed yet on inline production.

And consider this...companies copy each other to a huge extent...how many othercompanies have added false muzzles? None.

I've shot TC maxi-hunters out of TC Hawkens on and off for 15+ years and never had a problem loading them in the first place...I owned one .54cal TC Hawken barrel with a QLA and gotrid of it after the first range session...wouldn't have another one.

My .02 cents...
Old 06-13-2006, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Roundball, I think you meant to type sabot loads vs conicals in "shoot conicals exclusively".

Conical shooters have no need of a QLA.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Underclocked

Roundball, I think you meant to type sabot loads vs conicals in "shoot conicals exclusively".

Conical shooters have no need of a QLA.
No, I typed what I meant to type...and I also mentionedit is not needed for conicals...used conicals on and off for years without one

Old 06-13-2006, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I cannot believe the T/C Hawkens now comes with a QLA System. There goes a little more traditionalism from that fine firearm.

What's next .... composite stock sporting all that brass & patch box ...lol???
Old 06-13-2006, 07:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: roundball

But you give up another inch of rifling in the process, and if you don't shoot conicals exclusively then it's a waste.

Patched round ballscan be difficult to load as the ball & patch drop loosely down into the QLA, sometimes moving off the patch.

There is probably not much of a bigger TC fan than I am, however, I will say that the QLA wasa marketing ploy to try and keep attention on their flagging sales oftraditional muzzleloaders becauseeveryone was leaving them and going to other manufacturer's inlines asTC wasn't up to speed yet on inline production.

And consider this...companies copy each other to a huge extent...how many othercompanies have added false muzzles? None.

I've shot TC maxi-hunters out of TC Hawkens on and off for 15+ years and never had a problem loading them in the first place...I owned one .54cal TC Hawken barrel with a QLA and gotrid of it after the first range session...wouldn't have another one.

My .02 cents...
i hate MAXI-HUNTERS in my .50 cal hawkins.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Triple Se7en
I cannot believe the T/C Hawkens now comes with a QLA System.
Introduced in 1995
Old 06-13-2006, 07:59 PM

ORIGINAL: sproulman
i hate MAXI-HUNTERS in my .50 cal hawkins.
I tried a fewboxes in a.50cal one day and could never get a satisfactory group, was never satisfied with the accuracy...once I got a .58cal round ball gun, I sold off all the conicals I had accumulated except the little .45/255 maxi-hunters...they're fantastic

Quick Reply: thompson center hawken

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.