Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 TC Firehawk busted stock at recoil lug >

TC Firehawk busted stock at recoil lug

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TC Firehawk busted stock at recoil lug

Old 06-12-2006, 07:41 PM

Default RE: TC Firehawk busted stock at recoil lug

Yep, send it back to TC and get it fixed, I would not settle for a Black Diamond or even an Omega. Not my intent to knock anyone's gun, but I think TC screwed the pooch when they dropped the Firehawk and it's 1:38 twist bbl, Thunderhawk too. Most of their guns shoot good, nice thing about the Firehawk series was they shot alot of different loads very good, and with a little load tweeking they shot many of them exceptionally good, conicals, sabots, BP or Pyrogeek. Sorry for the large picture but it's from the 90's and done on a scanner (Pre-Dig Camera), the orange dot is 2" so it's about an inch group @ 100, 1935fps. It's the least fussy muzzel loader I've shot.

Doug
Old 06-15-2006, 05:51 PM

I have a .54 cal Firehawk in stainless/black I got from Bass Pro years ago and it will shoot anything from roundballs to the No Excuses 535 gr. conicles well. It doesnt have the removable breech like the Black Diamond but that doesnt bother me. This rifle cleans up as fast as any other and it has one less part to replace(breech plug). This rifle is light and a breeze to carry afield. I saw some of these back during Christmas at a wal-mart in NC for 75.00 for a blue/black in .54 caliber. They may still have some. I might get another one. Can never have too many muzzleloaders.
Old 06-16-2006, 07:49 AM

AmericanPioneer - Just out of curiosity, what Walmart in NC were you referring to that was selling the Firehawk for $75? Might have to get on the "blower" and see if they have any left. I love the Firehawk I have in 50 cal.

Does anyone know if Walmart ships MLs?
Old 06-16-2006, 10:57 AM

It was just off route 52 near Winston Salem If Im correct. My brother lives in King, NC and it was about 10-15 minutes from there. When I saw the Firehawk I was suprised because I thought TC didnt make them anymore. I think they actually dont but that Wal-mart had them.