Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Summer sale at Fox Ridge two days only. >

Summer sale at Fox Ridge two days only.

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Summer sale at Fox Ridge two days only.

Old 06-02-2006, 05:58 PM
Typical Buck

Default Summer sale at Fox Ridge two days only.

Unfortunately one of the days was today and you kinda have to be there to see what is on sale but I would not hesitate to call. They have many Encore and Contender barrels on sale a stack of factory Black Diamonds (only $200) and many other goods. Their .22 is on sale for $260!!!

Well of course I went there to buy my new FRO Carbine but wouldn't you know it they were all but sold out. One standard percussion and one high gloss flintlock was all that was left. Interesting enough though what you see in the T/C catalog is not every rifle they make so I ended up with another rifle that is very pleasing to the eyes and arms of this shooter. Funny thing is it's not even a carbine. I bought a roundball rifle that you can only get through the custom shop now even though they use to sell it from the factory.

Yep I am the proud owner of a Pennsylvania Flintlock with a 28" 15/16 barrel. Even though it came with the modern sights and they promised the flat "Partridge" sights they had none left to put on the rifle. The salesman went to T/C repair and found a set of the "Partridge" sights from someone who sent in their old rifle to have the fiber sights put on it. They would have mounted them on my new rifle for free but I want to reblue this exellent set of sights first before installing them on the rifle. They told me they would still install them after I treat them if I want. (talk about customer service)

Well a sale is a sale and I know all you guys have been getting your White's for $299 but I am very happy to get this rifle with a 1:66 twist barrel the sights I demanded and the looks of real 1800's workhorse for $399.

Oh, and Rounball if you read this, I can see the difference now between the old and new lock and it looks like the hammer is the big difference.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:00 PM

Default RE: Summer sale at Fox Ridge two days only.

ORIGINAL: Pittsburghunter

Oh, and Rounball if you read this, I can see the difference now between the old and new lock and it looks like the hammer is the big difference.
Yes, taller with a slightly different angle of attack into the frizzen face...andthe newerfrizzen's are harder.
Sounbds liek you found a keeper...when is the second day of the sale...tomorrow (Saturday) or Monday?
Old 06-02-2006, 07:26 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Summer sale at Fox Ridge two days only.

Yeh, the sale ends tomorrow[:@] I had fun promoting the hobby today