Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Got me a Goody Bag today >

Got me a Goody Bag today

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Got me a Goody Bag today

Old 04-02-2006, 05:36 PM

Default Got me a Goody Bag today

Just got back from afivehour round trip to/from Cabela's.

I gota box of the Hornady 40 Cal 200 Grain XTPs, my buddy also bought a box. We are going to try them out with several different powders and loads.He has an Encore and I of course shoot my Omegaso I can report if there is any significant difference shooting wise between the two. We also both bought a Variflame kit for the small pistol primers (so hopefully they will further aid us in decreasing the group size for our MLs).

Ipicked up some weather proof scope lens covers that flip up out of the way. I was going to buy the ones that have the little red catch and flip up when you press it but they made noise even I could hear and I am half deafso I opted for the ones you have to manually flip up, silence is golden.

AlsoI would like to pass on that they have a new Laser Bore Sighter that is on sale for only $39 if any are interested in one.It has Cabela's on the side insteadof the manufacturer's name,otherwise it is the same thing.

Bummer is that next weekend is booked so it will be 2 weeks till I get to try any of these goodies out.

Sabot loader, may I ask a favor? Would you be so kind as to tell me where I might get ahold ofa program for trajectory charts? Thanks in advance.

God Bless all!!
Old 04-02-2006, 06:15 PM

Default RE: Got me a Goody Bag today

Omegalover: Good to hear you got to buy some
goodies. That's a good price on the lazer-bore
sight. As far as the trajectory charts. I'm not a
100% sure but I think you can download from the
Hornady, Barnes, & T/C web pages. Anyway keep
us posted on the bullet/powder combinations.
Good shooting & God Bless...............Danny
Old 04-02-2006, 06:19 PM
Dominant Buck

have fun when you finally get the chance to play with all the new stuff. That's what makes shooting all the more fun.
Old 04-02-2006, 07:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Omegalover

There are lots of programs out there but i really do like this Barnes program. You really do not have to be a rocket scientist to use it and it gives good basic information...

http://www.barnesbullets.com/prodballistics.php

Which bore sighter did you get from Cabelas - the $39 sale price did not show up for but I only took a real quick look?....

Old 04-03-2006, 06:21 AM

I looked at their sale flyer before we went to see if there was anything specific I would like to get but it wasn't in there.

My friend was looking to buy one anyway so he was very happy to see them on sale in the store.

It was the Cabela's Laser Bore Sighter (same as Laserlyte Bore Sighter, but with Cabela's name on the side)

Cabela's Laser Boresighting Kit
Simply select and adjust the proper barrel adapter (kit includes four adapters to accommodate any caliber from .22 to .50), slide into the barrel and turn on. A laser beam projects a dot onto a target precisely through the centerline of the bore. Adjust your scope or sights accordingly and you're finished.

Item: IG 711491

Web Page shows sale for $49, but he got it for $39, will tell you how well it works soon as we get to shoot a bit.