Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Tight Bores! MMP has a new SABOT >

Tight Bores! MMP has a new SABOT

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Tight Bores! MMP has a new SABOT

Old 04-02-2006, 08:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Tight Bores! MMP has a new SABOT

Del Ramsey has created another good one... it might be a little odd looking to most of us. He is now going to offer a new 3-petal designed sabot that might provide the answer for people with the really tight bores. These are black 50/.451-.452 sabots. They are built in the line of the HPH sabots - so they are the new ploymere and can handle the "magnum loads."

I have shot these new sabots and their performance was very good.They are built for atighter bore,Iused them in my A&H, Remingtons, Green Mountain LRH barrels, and the new Omega. I shot them with Hornady's, Speers, Sierra's, and Noslers. The bullets really seat well in the sabot making alignment going down the barrel a really easy thing.

Del, indicated that they should be available in 30 days - so if you might like to get these for a session at the range give Connie a call at MMP Sabots.. They have not got an actual name for them yet so you will have to inquire about them...

http://www.mmpsabots.com/

Thought I would add some additional information:

Next came a velocity comparison shot on another trip. Point to remember I normally shoot HPH-24's so my bores are large enough for them to load nicely. The 3 petals loaded really easy so i was worried that i would loose a lot of velocity with blow by - really did not happen.

Shooting a 250 Grain Gold Dot:

HPH-24 - 1880fps
HPH-24 - 1877fps
HPH-24 - 1854fps

HPH-12-3P - 1857fps
HPH-12-3P - 1862fps
HPH-12-3P - 1854fps

Old 04-02-2006, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tight Bores! MMP has a new SABOT

How did you come to acquire these new sabots Mike?
Old 04-02-2006, 09:58 AM

Probably the same way I did. Del Ramsay contacted me and asked if I was interested in testing them. http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/
Old 04-02-2006, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Wolfhound76

Probably the same way I did. Del Ramsay contacted me and asked if I was interested in testing them. http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/
You would think he would try tosteer me awayfrom all the 45/50 regular/crushed ribbed Harvester Sabots promotions I do on boards like this one- by perhaps offering me a free sample to test.

I'vebeen aloud, boistrousproponent of his 44-cal (green) and 40-cal (blue) sabots. Brought him alot of business recommending those sabots on boards like this one.

Maybe it's time for me to stop that. You and I both know that an owner of MMP Sabot Co visits the "most-clicked" inline discussion roomon this planet.... that being this room right here.

Go figure!

Old 04-02-2006, 11:46 AM

I think your overestimating how many forums he visits. He's a busy guy.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:51 AM

I wonder who is making the new two-petal "Super Glide" sabots that T/C shows on pp. 72 of their 2006 catalog? They are yellow.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Wolfhound76

I think your overestimating how many forums he visits. He's a busy guy.
No I'm not! It only takes five minutes everyday to read the top-three inline boards in America. I know.... I do it everyday. There are posts a sabot maker weeds-out/unrelated.

If he spend another 5-10 minutes answering a post or two on the two boards he will not identify himself at, then he would make more money -- become even busier.

You get out of a business -- what you put into the business.

He needs to set it up so he doesn't get his hands dirty. Evey business needs a sales pitch.... especially at inline ML message boards that see the most clicks.

He's here... ya' can bet on that. He will notdisclose who he is -- for fear that ownership here will require him to take out ads at the top of the page when promoting his products.

So that's where Sabotloader & Wolfhound come in. Did he find two guys who do his dirty advertisingwork for free?

Sounds like he did! That makes Del more smart than I first gave him credit for.
Old 04-02-2006, 01:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

T7

I really want to reply to this - I just do not know how??? - so I guess it is best to just leave it alone....

I wuld suggest to you that with this sabot you will probably be able to load the new Gold Dots as well a large variety of other .451/.452's in your Omega

Old 04-02-2006, 01:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Roskoe

I have not seen the new 2 petal yet so I have not handled it... I do not think it is MMP... I wouldlean to Harvester, but I have not heard any hints from them about it either - so I am really thinkingmaybe Knight has been doing something on their own - BUT all of this is a guess....

Old 04-02-2006, 02:30 PM

I'm pretty sure MMP makes the T/C sabot too. It's a T/C only product though.

Quick Reply: Tight Bores! MMP has a new SABOT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.