Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 New trigger guard and lever cock for Omega. >

New trigger guard and lever cock for Omega.

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New trigger guard and lever cock for Omega.

Old 02-22-2006, 06:20 PM
Typical Buck

Default New trigger guard and lever cock for Omega.

Have you guys seen the new lever action replacement trigger guard for the Omega with the larger more hunter friendly trigger guard? It's pretty cool instead of the goofy little stud hanging off the bottom of the trigger guard it has a lever atached to the rear of the trigger guard and you "cock" it like a lever action rifle to open the breech. The lever is curved to fit the stock and is light weight as to not open by mistake.

No more stud to get stuck on branches it is easier to use than the old stud and pinched fingers are a thing of the past.

Have you guys seen it? How much do they cost? What should they cost? Is there a market for said trigger guard?
Old 02-22-2006, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New trigger guard and lever cock for Omega.

Where did you see this thing?
Old 02-22-2006, 06:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

How about a link; I think I might want one.Lee
Old 02-22-2006, 07:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Pittsburghunter

Ok you got my attention - who and where?

I was just sitting here looking at the trigger assembly thinking, why couldn't an aftermarket product be produced and sold - somebody could make a quick buck - Actually TC might even be interested.....

Old 02-22-2006, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: lemoyne

How about a link; I think I might want one.Lee
Old One
http://www.tcarms.com/TC_HTML/TC_New_Z5.htm

New One
http://www.tcarms.com/TC_HTML/TC_New_X7.htm
Old 02-22-2006, 07:25 PM
Typical Buck

That was my point. I can feel it holding the rifle. I have not shot the one I bought yet because there is no feeling of "Oh this is a great rifle!!" Just a neutral feeling cause I knoe it will shoot good if I need it. It needs a wood stock and a lever instead of the stupid little stud. But first It needs a better trigger guard I think we all agree,
Old 02-22-2006, 07:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Triple Se7en

Ok they are somewhat different in construction, but I see no significant difference in the size of the trigger guard.

Again I would say I can not believe TC has not changed the designed or that an aftermarket company has not built and offered a replacement.

Old 02-22-2006, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

My conclusion in looking at the Omega was that inorder for that trigger guard to be made larger, the entire action would need be madelarger. I can't remember the why of that conclusion as it has been so long since my hand was tortured by one - but do recall that seeming to be the case.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I must be overlooking something,every thing Iseen looks just like mine with the slightly undersize trigger guard and that awful knob right where it is in the way on the bench and is liable to catch on your cloths and pop the action open when you are hunting.Lee
Old 02-22-2006, 09:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

UC

I am sitting here looking at the trigger assembly. My initial thought was why couldn't you just increase the size of the loop? But looking at it now I see the swivel pin at the front of trigger would prevent in creasing the size of the loop forward towards the muzzle and there really is no reason to increase it in the rear. In my mind even if you put the loop outside the pivot pin to icrease its size the pivot pin would still limit the access to the trigger. So my deduction follows along with you - it will take a movement of the pin and lug forward to the muzzle actually open up the trigger area which as you have indicated will require a complete redesign of the trigger assembly.

Now what if you only increased the size of the trigger only on the up and down plain.

I am not an artist but look at this diagram see if you can make heads or tails of it....

Quick Reply: New trigger guard and lever cock for Omega.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.