Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 New Green Mt. Barrel >

New Green Mt. Barrel

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New Green Mt. Barrel

Old 02-07-2006, 06:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default New Green Mt. Barrel

The Green Mountain fast twist 50 cal Stainless barrel was waiting for me this afternoon when i got home from school. I really felt I needed this barrel to replace a 54 cal 1/48 twist barrel on my oldRenegade, but being the old baseball coach that I am - I decided a double switch was in order. I put the new stainless ina 50 newer Hawkin that I had - moved the good Hawkin barrel 1/48 to the renegade. Both barrelsonly took a minor amount of inletting and they were in. Even though the old Renie barrel is1" barrel - the 15/16ths Hawken went in without a problem (ony a smal bit of inlettingto get the under rib in the stock. At a later date I will probably add a little fiberglass bedding under neath the barrel. Nowit needs to be nice this weekend or at least semi nice so I can get out and shoot this new stanless.

Old 02-07-2006, 06:45 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: New Green Mt. Barrel

That is a nice looking rifle you have there... In fact it looks like the ones I have. If it shoots as good as mine, I am sure you will be very pleased with the set up... My 1-28 twist likes 100 grains of Goex 2f and anything 250 grain or better...
Old 02-07-2006, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

sabotloader,
"Sweet" verynicel@@king. I hope it shoots as well as it looks! I don't have any stainless barrels for my Hawkens or Renegade rifles, but after seeing your rifleI might have to do some shopping.
Are you going to add a peep to the Hawken with that front fiber optic sight?
Old 02-07-2006, 07:07 PM
Dominant Buck

Sabotloader did that Stainless of yours come with the fiber optic sights? Mine came with a standard adjustable sight.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

cayugad

Yes it did and I really like them even has a front ramp sight. They really line up well the front beed fits into the rear site just perfect - you do not have to bury it into the "U" so you really have a good view of the target. The rear blade does not obscure anything - I really thought I liked TC rear sights but this is a lot better, except for the windage control - no clicks just loosen a screw and move.

I forgot to mention Green Mountain did not charge any shipping the sale price was the price - surprised me... and I almost bought a used 1/48 barrel on e-bay for near this same price...

Encorman

No I will probably stay with the current sights... I know the peeps might be easier but I do not like them in the low light of a timber canopy - so I'll probably stay as....
Old 02-07-2006, 07:51 PM
Fork Horn

sabotloader,
You just poured salt into my open wound. I'm currently bidding on a .54cal, 1-48" twist barrel for my Renegade on ebay[:@]
Can you tell me more about your deal?

Old 02-07-2006, 08:03 PM
Dominant Buck

well this is not good..

I might have to call Rick at Green Mountain Barrel and ask him why my two rifles did not come with the fiber optic sights... Although I do like the ones on it, but I could see fiber optics better.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

ENCOREMAN

First off I got to tell you it was not my fault that i bought this barrel - it was all Cayugad's fault - i just finished explaining to my wife why Cayugad is the evil guy here - "he made me do it" - so I won't go into anymore here.

But! it was a good deal and it is a good barrel I just finished cleaning it - it is so smooth in there I had to drop a bore light in to verifiy there were riflings....

Here is the information:

http://www.gmriflebarrel.com/

This thing is way cool - might be a little tight - along the lines of a TC bore, but I got it handled....

Old 02-07-2006, 08:14 PM
Fork Horn

sabotloader,
"Thank You" for the information. I checked it out and it's awfully tempting after seeing how nice your's turned out. I'm the current winning bidder on the barrel on ebay, so I'll have to play those cards out 1st.
You just had to post a picture didn't ya? Is this what Cayugad did to you too
Old 02-07-2006, 08:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Encoreman.. not wishing to cause you distress, but this is what your Renegade will look like with a fancy Stainless Steel Green Mountain Barrel on it.. Pretty nice

This is in no way meant to influence you into making another purchase. In fact I tried to talk Sabotloader out of one. At least that's what I'd tell his wife.

Quick Reply: New Green Mt. Barrel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.