Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Anyone Watched Jim Shockey Lately? >

Anyone Watched Jim Shockey Lately?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Anyone Watched Jim Shockey Lately?

Old 01-17-2006, 11:01 PM

Default Anyone Watched Jim Shockey Lately?

The past couple of his new shows have had him missing with his new sponsors rifle, the TC Encore. I couldnt believe the one with the caribou in the yukon. I dont think I can recall him missing with his Knight like he is with the TC. I like at the end of the yukon show where it has a preview of next show brought to you by APP. He is in africa lying on the ground where there is a lion that has people scared to go out after seven and some other bad critters in the area. He picks up his rifle and says this is a rifle I can trust my life on. I wouldnt trust my life on something I cant shoot well. He had better practice more with it or use his Knight for the kill shots and edit in himself holding the Encore in the video before and after the shot to please Thompson Center. I enjoy the shows but its not making me a believer in the Encore muzzleloader. I have an Encore rifle in .375 H&H and love it but I dont plan on buying a muzzleloading barrel for it. Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:34 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Anyone Watched Jim Shockey Lately?

See what happens when you leave a trusted rifle and load... Just kidding. I am sure he missed with his Knight rifle and Nosler bullets once in a while. I have a video of him hunting deer though with his father, and the shot his Dad makes with his rifle on a nice buck is hard to believe. Granted a video camera is a bad judge of distance, but it was still impressive.

You often wonder, when these big name people go after dangerous game, how many others are there, armed to the teeth as back up?
Old 01-18-2006, 04:15 AM
Fork Horn

Somebecome great because they don't miss, most become great because they do miss. Just my take.
Old 01-18-2006, 05:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Could it be that when he was shooting the Knight all they ever showed were the hits, and cut out the misses?? Could it be that his shooting skill is not dependent upon what brand of rifle he's shooting?

As far as I can tell, a TC isn't much different from a Knight as far as accuracy is concerned...... provided you have developed a good load for them.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:15 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah - I have a friend who has a Knight (only), and Jim Shockey was his favorite program UNTIL he made the switch to T/C . Now he's broken-hearted .
I'm afraid that I don't put much stock in the advertisements - (like, who does?). One program I see has a guy wearing a pair of earmuffs in a commercial and saying, "Yes, I love my (XXXX) earmuffs. I never go hunting without them." Then the very next scene shows him hunting without them! Hmmmm - how credible is that?
OK - so now we're seeing every guy with a hunting show using an Encore. Do we really believe that they are all totally sold on them - - or do we believe that T/C has just made them an advertising offer they can't refuse?
There - that's my 2 cents.

IM jaybe
Old 01-18-2006, 12:32 PM
Fork Horn

Maybe he should pour out a truck load of corn so the caribou will stop....just like he does his deer.
Old 01-18-2006, 10:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Maybe he should pour out a truck load of corn so the caribou will stop....just like he does his deer.
ROFLMAO......Harsh. BTW he don't use corn up in canada...lol!

He missed with his Knight as well, even when they had the bait out!

I am glad shows allow the odd botched opp to hit the airwaves..however I somehow think the editting floor has more than we'll ever see.[8D]

Old 01-19-2006, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Do you think it could be the bullet and not the gun. I am happy to see I am not the only one who is not perfect I guess its just me and Jim. No kidding at least he is showing his human side and thaht not all TV hosts do everything right. By the way what ever happened to Roger Raglin.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:54 AM
Fork Horn

I have a T/C Encore 209 x 50 and wouldnt trade it for anything. The gun never misses where I aim. It only shoots where I aim and if I aim bad of course Im gonna miss. It just doesnt happen often though thatit happens. I love that gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-19-2006, 09:55 AM

Mike.
Went to www.RogerRaglin.com and on from of web site was a note that said that they would be back on in July. Guess the same thing happened to them that happened to Adventure Bound. They got pre-empted for paint ball or something else. All that I know is I spend less time watching the outdoor cannel now as there is less on that interests me.

Quick Reply: Anyone Watched Jim Shockey Lately?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.