Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/C Scout nipple

Old 01-16-2006, 06:10 PM

Default T/C Scout nipple

Anyone know wher I can get a replacement nipple for a T/C Scout carbine, T/C is out so are all known to me online ML stores, they have everyone BUT the Scout.[&o]
Old 01-16-2006, 06:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: T/C Scout nipple

Did you call T/C? If anyone can fix you up they can.

What is wrong with your nipple can you post a pic of it? I have a Scout about 15 years old with thousands of rounds though it and I have only two nipples. Even if it is rusty we should be able to get it to work unless it is totally fried.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:51 AM

I got my Scout from an auction, although in good shape the prior moron did not seat the nipple all the way in so it was sticking out too far. Now heeither filed it down because it was too long or wanted to use musket caps I don't know but it is now screwed up.[:@]
Old 01-17-2006, 07:56 AM
Fork Horn

frecku,
There was one listed the other day on ebay. I don't know if it's still available or not.
I'll check and see if I have a spare at home tonight. I might be able to repair the one you have too.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:20 AM
Typical Buck

Send me a PM with your contact information and I will give you a call.

I can pick you up one (or twoif you want two) from a local shop I haunt and then send to you.

Tahquamenon
Old 01-17-2006, 06:14 PM
Typical Buck

The gentelmen on this site are great. I have never seen more helpfull people in my life than the ones that hang out on the gun boards.

I too see the nipples still at gun shops and think you should be able to get one if we can't fix yours. My Scout is an awsome rifle one of the most accurate guns I own. You can sneak a peak of it on my flintlock thread I have going now. Yes that is a m/l with thousands of rounds through it.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:24 PM

Thank you both Encoreman and Tahquamenon, I got a hit from another ML forum that directed me to Dixie. After a lot of arguments and denials I had to mail them the URL to locate the part.
Eureka, the part # TC7231 goes for $9.25, I will let you know if the come through.
I would like to call upon you should they dissapoint, thanks again.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

frecku,
I thought I had another "stock" nipple formy Scout, but I was mistaken. The extra nipple I have,I modified by drilling and tapping to1/4-28 to accept a standard #11 nipple. Any shop or gunsmith should be able to help you save the current 1pc. nipple you already have using this modification.
Hope this helps ya.

Old 01-17-2006, 06:42 PM

That is awsome !!!good old American ingenuity at work, I will keep it in mind should anything go wrong with the Dixie order.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:15 AM
Typical Buck

If I had thought of that before I sold my Scout I probably would not have sold it. The special nipple was the reason I decided to get rid of it as it was obviously going to become a problem to locate one in the future. I killed my first elk with the Scout. Big cow estimated at 750 pounds at about 80 yards. One shot throughthe heart and she walked about 30 yards and fell.

Quick Reply: T/C Scout nipple

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.