Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Since I've been posting web calculators . . . >

Since I've been posting web calculators . . .

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Since I've been posting web calculators . . .

Old 01-14-2006, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Since I've been posting web calculators . . .

Since I've been posting web calculators i thought I would post the web-based ballistics calculator which I use. Its called the JBM Trajectory Calculation Page and can be accessed here:

http://www.mega.nu:8080/traj.html

Be sure to put this one in your favorites.

Happy Hunting, Phil
Old 01-14-2006, 05:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Since I've been posting web calculators . . .

thanks for the link.. very interesting.
Old 01-14-2006, 07:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Pglasgow,since you use JBM anyway have you ever played with the Greenhill formula that tells you what length a bullet should work best in what twist.I found it quite helpful in picking bullets to try. Lee
Old 01-14-2006, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is that

Mininum Rate of twist = (150 x dia^2)/Length of bullet

?

I use that one, the same?
Old 01-15-2006, 06:33 AM
Spike

Guys,

Wow! I am engineering and work for Magna Powertrain in Syracuse, NY. I like to work with equations. After, I read this forums and it makes me want to put all equations into excel spreadsheet. Let’s share the formulas and we could put them into one good program and can be useful for all of us.

I want to tell you who I am. I am hearing impaired and my first language is America Sign Language (ASL). English is my second language. I am sure you will notice that my grammar is not that good. Please be bear with me. Thanks…

I just purchased T/C Omega and only shot 10 times. I really love this sport. I have been hunting with bow and shotgun since 1984. Muzzleloading is new to me therefore I need to learn what the terms are.

Thanks,
DFHunt19
[:-]
Old 01-15-2006, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

DFHunt19,

Welcome to the Forum . And welcome to muzzleloading. You are going to have lots of fun with it. An excel program would be great. Let us know how it goes.

Happy Hunting, Phil

Old 01-15-2006, 07:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Pglasgow,The same,I find it handy to help pick out what I want to try. Used to use it when building Hawken rifles. Lee
Old 01-15-2006, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not quite the same, but the online design program at mountainmolds.com is an interesting tool. Not only can you design a mold but, guesstimating backwards , you can take a look at numerous other properties including recommended twist. Understand from multiple sources that his molds are of the highest quality as well.

Old 01-15-2006, 09:27 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: DFHunt19

Guys,

Wow! I am engineering and work for Magna Powertrain in Syracuse, NY. I like to work with equations. After, I read this forums and it makes me want to put all equations into excel spreadsheet. Let’s share the formulas and we could put them into one good program and can be useful for all of us.

I want to tell you who I am. I am hearing impaired and my first language is America Sign Language (ASL). English is my second language. I am sure you will notice that my grammar is not that good. Please be bear with me. Thanks…

I just purchased T/C Omega and only shot 10 times. I really love this sport. I have been hunting with bow and shotgun since 1984. Muzzleloading is new to me therefore I need to learn what the terms are.

Thanks,
DFHunt19
[:-]
First off .. welcome to the forum. It's great to have you here.

You've got a great rifle there and a lot of people on the forum shoot them. I am sure they will be more then glad to answer your questions and exchange information about loads with you.. Any questions you have, just feel free to ask away...

Old 01-15-2006, 09:38 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks PG!

Quick Reply: Since I've been posting web calculators . . .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.