Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Replacement stock for Traditions Rifle >

Replacement stock for Traditions Rifle

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Replacement stock for Traditions Rifle

Old 01-02-2006, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Replacement stock for Traditions Rifle

Is it possible to order a replacement stock for a Traditions "Shenandoah" rifle?

I am at work and can't look up their phone number (company firewall aka: "the man.")

I managed to split the wood while hammering the barrel pins back in to place. That is what happens when it is late and your in a hurry to get the job done..../shakes head.

Thanks,
~Robert
Old 01-02-2006, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Replacement stock for Traditions Rifle

I think that's the only source. Either take it to a wood shop for repair or get ready to pay alot of money for a new Shenandoah stock.

Those pins are supposed to stay in. No need to remove the stock - as long as you keep re-cleaning/sealing the corners where the barrel meets the stock. I use Hoppes Gun Grease with my Shenandoah. It keeps moisture, hand oils/stock oils, cap residue & powder fouling out. As a matter of fact, Hoppes Gun Grease is now in my bore too.

I hang that rifle on a wall in my family room with a powder horn hanging below the trigger guard. Using storing oils left an oil spot on the carpet once - so now I use the grease. That's the best feature of this grease ... it's intended for guns like mine that might not see any hunting/range use for several years.

On a last note, if you need help thoroughly cleaning that rifle's powder channels/drum area while leaving the stock on -- this includes hot water flushing.... I'll help you solve your cleaning problems. All you need to do is ask. I don't want to type it now thou.... it's another paragraph or two.
Old 01-02-2006, 04:42 PM
Dominant Buck

I contacted Traditions reference a cracked stock on one of my rifles. I was told "glue it." When I asked if there were other stocks, they told me to purchase a different rifle somewhere if I wanted a stock to fit it. It seems since they no longer make this model, they had nothing to do with them anymore, reference the stock. So I glued the stock and have been shooting it with 70 grains and under for a couple years now with nothing happening to the fix...
Old 01-02-2006, 07:12 PM

Use Super Glue and it should last for years. I've refurbed some MilSUrps and when I get a cracked stock I always super glue, and I'm good to go.