Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

omega z5 ramrod

Old 12-21-2005, 02:19 PM
Typical Buck

Default omega z5 ramrod

Has anyone broke their ramrod on thier omega? I did not break the ramrod but one of the threaded fittings that screws into the end. I am thinking of getting an XS sights ramrod and wanted to know if anyine here has used one.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: omega z5 ramrod

turkeystalker,
I have a XS sights ramrod for my encore and I would never trade it. Nice and sturdy the folding T handle on the end is nice and the ready made load lines make it easy to see if you have seated the bullet. Mine is a one piece, but I have seen on their website that they are making them sectional now as well,I hope that helps... I got mine from a local gunshop for 19.95 money well spent.. just mytwo cents

oops Ishould mentiondont forget to measure your old ramrod as XS rods come in many different lengths
Old 12-21-2005, 05:40 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: omega z5 ramrod

It looks identical to the one that came on my Encore but I have not used it yet so I can't say how good my Omega's ramrod is. I have had my Encore for years and nothing has gone wrong with that rod so I don't think the Omega's standard rod will screw up unless the operator makes some kind of mistake.