Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 omega sight removal >

omega sight removal

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

omega sight removal

Old 12-20-2005, 11:07 AM

Default omega sight removal

just got an omega Z5 and I want to take off the front and rear sights I got a nice low profile scopemounts and no need for open sights, now once I take them off what do I put in the screw holes left behind in the barrel??
Old 12-20-2005, 11:12 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: omega sight removal

T/C also sells (usually free) screws that will fill those holes. A little blue lock tight and they are there for good. Give T/C a call and ask if they can send you some or you could buy some. I like to keep the screws with the sight together in case I ever want to put them back, they are not marked up.

Also most gunsmiths have those filler screws for like a nickle each....
Old 12-20-2005, 02:49 PM

I bought a set from TC for a few dollars. It's been well worth not having the front sights interfering with the scope.

Old 12-20-2005, 08:15 PM
Fork Horn

They are called "slave screws" from T/C and come in either ss or blue. I could not find them in any T/C dealers around my area but found them in a small ML shop in my friend's area. I do not see my front sight anymore but when my 1-4x is turned to 2 power or less I still can see the ss barrel. I have the high mounts and I realize I should have bought the see thru mounts. My scopes are set fairly far back and that is the reason why I probably should have opted for the see thru mounts.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:41 PM

I have my scope sooo low the front site is almost a 1/4 of the way up I mean my scope is low, if I had a low power I would probably see black, I have a 3x9x40 bushnell on it....I like it my cheak is always touching the stock real comfortable..all the other inlines I set up are like this aswell on my dads sidekick we almost had to grind the corners off the hammer there about a paper thin space between the scope and hammer....my thinking is on a low power even 3x if the scope is low enough its like looking through sites anyways even quicking quick accurate shots...