Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Look what i Did!

Old 12-19-2005, 12:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Look what i Did!

Cayugad

I was running short of these so I thought I would make some up on the computer - then I decided I would make ita combination target - one for scopes and one for open sights. Bought a package of "card stock" paper from wal-mart and printed them on the computer. Probably going to wish I had made the BLACK lines as thick as the blue - I am going to try them out this week... Gosh! I wish I could just step out the back door!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/sabotloader/ComboTarget.jpg

Printing them on the card stock instead of paper is really great - If you wanted to save ink you could also print them in greyscale.

I thought this was kinda unique - terry says I need to go back to school - I have to much time on my hands...

Old 12-19-2005, 01:22 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Look what i Did!

I like them.. I made a copy of that and took it as a BMP. I have reams of card stock an office gave me, for printing greeting cards. That's what I like to print my targets on. I will have to make one of them up later.

thanks

you do have too much time on your hands.. great isn't it
Old 12-19-2005, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

How do you make open sight targets? Anyone got any I could print? How do you use them?
Old 12-19-2005, 05:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sharp Shooter

It is my belief that a lot of ML shooters use an open X as the target. Using a 6:00 o'clock hold you would put the top of the blade of the front sight in the crotch of the bottom portion of the X. All of this rather than using a round ball guessing where the center might be or even using a 6:00 hold on a round ball because the round balls come in many different sizes. The farther your set the target back the more difficult it is to really tell where your front blade is actually at in the target.

hope this explains some...

If this looks like it would work for you copy the target and print it..

Old 12-19-2005, 05:42 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Sharp Shooter

How do you make open sight targets? Anyone got any I could print? How do you use them?
A real easy to make and simple target is go to Wal Mart and buy some of the multi colored 3"x5" index cards in very bright colors. I then take a black magic marker and draw an X from corner to corner. Tape that to any box you have around. (a word of warning.. don't tape that to a corn flakes box or they might consider you a cereal killer ) and then like Sabotloader said, put your front sight in the center of the X and let fly. The reason I like the bright colored cards are at longer ranges when it becomes impossible to see the X with your naked eye, you just aim for the dead center of the card and keep right on shooting. I also figure if I can hit that index card at what ever distance I am shooting, a deer or any critter has little chance of getting away.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:26 PM

ORIGINAL: cayugad

I like them.. I made a copy of that and took it as a BMP. I have reams of card stock an office gave me, for printing greeting cards. That's what I like to print my targets on. I will have to make one of them up later.

thanks

you do have too much time on your hands.. great isn't it
Since you have so many of them,you can send some my way. lol vangunsmith