Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 New to Muzzleloading - Disc Elite Question >

New to Muzzleloading - Disc Elite Question

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New to Muzzleloading - Disc Elite Question

Old 12-16-2005, 09:41 PM

Default New to Muzzleloading - Disc Elite Question

I have posted this in one other forum and am doing so here as well so I hopefully obtainsome information, I appreciate anything anyone can submit. I have been lucky enough to receive a Knight Disc Elite 50 cal ss for a gift from my wife. This is my first muzzleloader and I have noticed the barrel on the muzzleloader tilts up and down while it is seated in the stock. Also, the ramrod slides freely from its position under the barrel and does not seem to have any tension holding it in place like other muzzleloaders I have looked at in the past. The barrel lug is tight also. Is this typical for this model of muzzleloader and how do other Elite owners remedy the problem. I really appreciate the info shared on this website as well as others on the net for muzzleloading. The info I have gathered has assited me in making some wise muzzleloading purchases. I purchased a Bushnell 3200 Elite 3-9 scope for the gun based on info I have learned on these sites. Thank you in advace for any info.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:25 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: New to Muzzleloading - Disc Elite Question

A wife that buys you a ML wow some guys get all the luck, My elite doesn't sit real tight in the stock if that's what your asking about there is a little play not much just a hair. The ramrod should have enough tension on it so it sits firm, there is a clip about where the front stud is, it might need to be bent out a hair
Old 12-17-2005, 06:17 AM

I answered on the other forum but saw you posted here also.

Check the stock screw tension. It should just be snug, no need to crank it down. I use a longer allen wrench and hold the very end. I turn until the the wrench bows slightly. If it's ok then you may be missing the little leaf spring. On the barrel side of the stock where the front swivel stud sits there is a leaf spring that puts pressure on the ramrod. If it's not there or broken (had that happen once) then contact Knight and they'll send you the part. To take off the old one turn the swivel stud using a small screwdriver or nail in the stud hole. There's 3 parts. The leaf spring, the stud and the little holder.

You should be ok with the scope. I've got a 2-7X32 Bushnell 3200 on my Disc Extreme. It's mounted as far forward as it can go but it's perfect there. I think a 3-9 should have more room to mount them.

Old 12-17-2005, 11:04 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: mizuno4545

I have posted this in one other forum and am doing so here as well so I hopefully obtainsome information, I appreciate anything anyone can submit. I have been lucky enough to receive a Knight Disc Elite 50 cal ss for a gift from my wife. This is my first muzzleloader and I have noticed the barrel on the muzzleloader tilts up and down while it is seated in the stock. Also, the ramrod slides freely from its position under the barrel and does not seem to have any tension holding it in place like other muzzleloaders I have looked at in the past. The barrel lug is tight also. Is this typical for this model of muzzleloader and how do other Elite owners remedy the problem. I really appreciate the info shared on this website as well as others on the net for muzzleloading. The info I have gathered has assited me in making some wise muzzleloading purchases. I purchased a Bushnell 3200 Elite 3-9 scope for the gun based on info I have learned on these sites. Thank you in advace for any info.
Mizunno, got the same gun about 2 years ago. Same issue. But I warn you, don't worry about it. It was knights attempt at freefloating. You can bend up the metal clip in the stock to hold your rod.

My elite was shooting real good with it rocking like that. As long as I made sure itup all the way. REally knight needs to add another action screw. I went and took out a bunch of materal and rebedded. And then it was too tight, and started shooting mediocre. So then back to work on it. And now, I can easily slide a piece of paper between barrel and stock. Shouldn't have ever messed with it.

So now, with 130gr of 777, powerstem breechplug, and 250gr barnes expander, and a mag subbase, I am consistently getting 2MOA accuracy.

I got decent accruacy with 3 50gr 777 pellets also with the regular breech plug also. But hate pellets.

Also shoots 95gr pyrodex, and 250gr XTP mag very well too.

Good luck. I love mine.

Old 12-17-2005, 01:55 PM

ORIGINAL: bigcountry
REally knight needs to add another action screw.
Knight Long Range Hunter - should be out in 2006. It issupposed to have 2 recoil lugs, something Knight used to say was unneccisary on a muzzleloader.

Old 12-17-2005, 11:58 PM

Thanks to all that posted information. I bent the metal tab and that fixed the problem.