Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 ok I am changing guns >

ok I am changing guns

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

ok I am changing guns

Old 12-12-2005, 03:28 PM

Default ok I am changing guns

well you all know about my ss sidekick, well I am gonna return it and get something else, I got it at basspro shops, so my options are limited, the next thing on the list is a TC omega black/blued version for 299, is this a good choice or can I get something better, I will try to get my money back so I have more options on were to buy a gun but I am looking at either knight or TC now, or should I save and try another sidekick ??my dads shoots fantastic and wont trade me for anything lol...any help would be great, I sure wish my walmarts were like yours[:'(]
Old 12-12-2005, 03:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: ok I am changing guns

If they don't want to give you your money back, perhaps get a different sidekick. As you already know from the others, they are a good shooting gun. Perhaps the one you have has a flaw. Good luck. Although the Omega would be nice too.

I guess it is all a matter of what you want and what they will do for you...
Old 12-12-2005, 03:45 PM

well they will most certainly let me exchange or upgrade to another gun, the money back is a long shot but for the extra 50 bucks or so would an omega be an uprgade? or should I stick with the ss sidekick I do like the ss for looks over blued but thats what I can afford right now a blued omega.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

y_not5

Another option and an option that Bass Pro will probably lay on you - how sending back to the manufacturer. Or better yet, call them contact them and ask them what to do. I see Cayugad suggest these guns often so in my mind somebody is having good luck with them. I would really suggest making that contact with the company explaining all of the problems you have had. Quality control does not always catch everything - sometimes there are just bad barrels.

And congrats on the hunt - experiance will make things bigger and better... at least you got to do it - some of us have to work all the time

Old 12-12-2005, 07:32 PM

If you can get a T/C Omega go for it.The deer won't mind that it is blue. I went through several Muzzleloaders including Knights and none of them touches the Omega.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Omega is a fine gun. I doubt it would disappoint you.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:06 PM
Fork Horn

I love my new Omega. If you get one, it will serve you well. It is also the easiest muzzleloader I have cleaned!
Old 12-12-2005, 10:01 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: y_not5

well they will most certainly let me exchange or upgrade to another gun, the money back is a long shot but for the extra 50 bucks or so would an omega be an uprgade? or should I stick with the ss sidekick I do like the ss for looks over blued but thats what I can afford right now a blued omega.
Well I am sure they will take it back. Bass Pro is pretty good about that kind of thing. As for an upgrade, yes the Omega would be an upgrade since it is more money. Personally I like Stainless Steel also, but the blue is a nice looking rifle. Yakfisher showed me a photo of his new Omega and that is a beauty.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:48 PM
Typical Buck

Either a knight or a TC would be an upgrade... You just have to ask yourself if you like the loading mechanism that knight uses... Some do/some don't... Personally like many before have mentioned, I like the Omega and own one. Good luck at Bass Pro.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:04 AM
Typical Buck

New England Firearms is not a fly by night company. They make very fine quality firearms and their customer service is quite good. If you have an issue I'm sure they will do everything they need to to ensure they support their product.

Up to you but I would suggest at a minimum returning to your point of sale (Bass Pro Shops) and then:
A) Exchange it for another Sidekick. (My choice if I did not/could not spend any more money).
B) Have them (Bass Pro Shops)return it at their costto NEF for repair. I'm sure NEF will support their product.
C) Return it to Bass Pro Shops for a credit towards a T/C Omega in Blue/Syn for $299 or a Traditions Pursuit Pro Nickel/Syn for $269. My choice would be the Omega (I have two), but other than having a slightly heavy trigger (which Traditions will lighten for a fee) the Pursuit Pro (not the LT as it's too light)is a really nice balanced, handling and shooting ML.

BTW, you don't really need a stainless or nickel barrel so long as you properly care for your weapon. Even stainless and nickel will rust if neglected.

Tahquamenon

Quick Reply: ok I am changing guns

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.