Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 I need help with this buy I am confused. >

I need help with this buy I am confused.

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

I need help with this buy I am confused.

Old 12-09-2005, 03:56 PM

Default I need help with this buy I am confused.

OK: In a Fins Feathers and Furs magazine I noticed a Disc Elite .50 Cal Stainless Light Contour BBL (26 in. barrel, no sights -scope only)for only $200. When I went online to a couple of sights, I noticed that at almost every website I went to, it was $500 - $650. What is going on? Is this a good gun?
Old 12-09-2005, 04:04 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: I need help with this buy I am confused.

Disc Elite .50 Cal Stainless Light Contour BBL is being discontinued. Many places are dumping their stock. There for you can get some good deals. Yes that was a very top of the line Knight rifle and one of the best shooters they every made. Sounds like a great deal you got there is you plan on mounting a scope.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

There are no open sites with normal Disc Elites - not sure about this 'Contour Light".
Old 12-10-2005, 08:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Any time you can get a new $500-600 rifle for $200, it has to be a good deal. Knight rifles are good.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:01 AM
Typical Buck

I picked one up a couple monthes ago for $215 shipped. Beautiful rifle stainless and blk synthetic. Felt good but as with all Knights it was too long for me to shoulder. I sold it to a bud at work for $250.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sportsman's Guide has a good deal on the Disc Elites as well. Just search for disc elite on their website. Theirs are .50cal.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:45 AM
Typical Buck

Sportsmans Guide must have sold out of em, non listed.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:58 AM

Sportsmans Guide --Page 3 bottom left---$229 an $249
Old 12-10-2005, 11:04 AM

Correction, the DISC Elite has been discontinued for 2005 so they haven't made them all year. They replaced it with the DISC Extreme which is the same gun but more barrel/stock styles and has open sights.

I have a slightly older DISC Elite .50 cal. It is new enough that it has the light contour barrel and doesn't need a c-ring tool to disassemble bolt, butdoesn't havethe quick bolt release. Because of the light contour, the barrel isn't thick enough to put open sights on it. I wouldn't use the open sights anyway, because that means I need rings that allow for that which would raise up the scope which means my head is out of alignment. It still has the accuracy guarantee from Knight. The things shoots like a rifle. I am taller than most people so I guess that's why the rifle fits better for me than for a lot of people. I would imagine Roger is a little on the shorter side.

I think my DISC Elite has the trajectory and consistency similar to a rifle because I am shooting Hornady's SST 250 gr. Lock-N-Load Speed Sabots. I shot a regular Hornady SST (same bullet, 250 gr.) and it dropped 3" at 50 yds. So I take it the Lock-N-Loads are faster and therefore have a flatter trajectory. I didn't shoot enough of the regulars to determine ifthey were more consistent, but trajectory was clear. My bro has the Wolverine 209 and shoots equally as good. So Knight has consistently produced a quality BP rifle and can't go wrong with them unless you are like Roger and the rifle is too long to shoulder.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:18 AM

I don't know what kind of drugs you're on Roger. I searched Sportsman's Guide under "disc elite" and it was the only result. They want $229 for the blued barrel and $249 for the stainless.

Quick Reply: I need help with this buy I am confused.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.