Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Going Out Hunting

Old 12-09-2005, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Going Out Hunting

Hey guys,

Wish me luck. I am heading to an area that is 10 acres of private land that borders 3000 acres of state land. I will most likely be the only person in the entire area. Each time I have hunted there for bow during times when people aren't around I see a ton of deer.

Meat for the freezer!

Good luck to any of you that are heading out. Be safe.

Tom
Old 12-09-2005, 04:02 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Going Out Hunting

good luck to you and have a safe hunt.

Old 12-09-2005, 07:43 PM

Good luck and keep us posted on the results of your hunt.

BTW what type of muzzleloader are you going to use with what rounds, etc.

I'll be waiting to hear.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hi All,

I used a Knight Master Hunter II and I was shooting Shockwaves 250gr with (2) 777 pellets.

I missed the easiest shot that I have ever taken followed up by making the most difficult shot that I have ever taken. I shot at a doe broadside at about 70 yards and missed. Then I shot a button buck in the neck just below the head while it was facing away from me at about 60 yards. The exciting part is that this all happened in a span of about3 minutes. So as the two does ran off I was reloading as the button buck stepped into view. I was dealing with all kinds of things. Trying to be really quiet and my zippers on my pouch that had the primers had gotten stuck. Like I said it was very exciting. The button buck just fell over like a card on a table!

The only explanation that I have for missing the doe is that I completely cleaned my muzzle loader before leaving and I never re-dressed the barrel before going hunting. I doubt I missed because of bad aim or pulling the shot.

The spin on the button buck was completely severed so the shockwaves did thier job.

Tom