Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 knight LKII (help) >

knight LKII (help)

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

knight LKII (help)

Old 12-01-2005, 04:38 PM

Default knight LKII (help)

Hi i just bought a knight lkII. I didnt get the manual with it. It uses #11 caps and it has a timney trigger. That is all i know about it. i tried 90 and 100 grains of pyrodex and it is shooting all over the target. im shooting rws caps and the knight sabots with 240 grain bullets and swabing between shots. It is shooting(spraying)at least 13 inch spread . Any help would be great. thanks
Old 12-01-2005, 05:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: knight LKII (help)

dem4570,
We are all here to help out, but you need to give us more information. What yardage are you shooting from, with or without scope, swabing technique,condition of the bore, your shooting experienceetc.

Old 12-01-2005, 05:05 PM
Fork Horn

dem4570,
I forgot to mention that you need to call Knight and have them send you a manual.....VERY IMPORTANT!
Old 12-01-2005, 05:09 PM
Dominant Buck

I have the same rifle. I shoot 85 grains of Goex 3f and a 240 grain XTP as my one load. Another one is 100 grains of Goex 2f and a 250 grain Barnes Expander. Both of these shoot real well. I do have a scope mounted on mine and I also use the Dynamite Noble 1075 caps. Nice shooting rifle.

Is this new or used?
Old 12-01-2005, 05:10 PM

I was shooting 100 yards. with a 3 X 9 bushnell, and swabing with 50-50windex and alcohol mix one damp patch and two dry patches between shots. i have been muzzleloading for 11 years on and off but with a sidelock gun with patched round balls.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:12 PM

it is a new gun. stainless
Old 12-01-2005, 05:21 PM
Dominant Buck

Maybe that's the problem.. its new and stainless. Sometimes those stainless take longer to break in. Sounds like a great rifle you have there and a good set up. I shoot the 240 & 300 grain XTP's with Knight or MMP sabots, or Barnes Expanders, but they are expensive. I have also been shooting some Shockwaves and they seem to be shooting well, although I have not got back to long distance with it yet.

I have been shooting a new stainless barrel on my Renegade and I finally took and scrubbed the bore with some J-B Bore Paste because it was eating all the cleaning patches it was so ruff..

Knight will tell you to shoot 100 grains of Pyrodex and Knight Red Hot Sabots. Those I think are made by Barnes and again, they are expensive to shoot...

Good luck with the rifle. Keep us posted.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:24 PM
Fork Horn

dem4570,
You didn't mention the condition of the bore.Check the scope base/rings and make sure that they aretight. Did you use loctite onthe base screws,how old is your powder.
What kind of groups were you getting vertical/horizontal or all over the dang place.
If you know your powder is good, I'd try different projectiles 1st. Cayugad has this same rifle and the loads he gave are excellant loads to try.
This is your 1st post.....Welcome
Old 12-01-2005, 05:33 PM

the bore feels good as far as running patches threw it. And my powder is a new can. i went yesterday and bought a another can. I double checked the rings on the scope and i put glue on all the screws (loctite). This is a great forum i have been reading on here for a month and a half i just never posted anything. lots of great info. thanks for all your help.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:37 PM

Also it was shooting all over the place

Quick Reply: knight LKII (help)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.