Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

t/c shockwaves

Old 11-21-2005, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default t/c shockwaves

So for those of you wondering how the shockwaves do here ya go:

Last night I shot a doe at 125 yds with a t/c shockwave in 125 grns of triple 7. She went all of 2 steps before she dropped.The shockwave was a 200 grn and I've got them flying at a 1" group at 100 yds. The entrance was a classic clean entrance, and the exit was a nice large hole that I could fit my hand through. I wish I would have taken a pic of her lungs, you wouldn't have believed it.....If you've been thinking about giving them a try, I would definitley recommend them. Good luck fellas
Old 11-21-2005, 07:55 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: t/c shockwaves

Thanks for the actual practice application report on the 200 grain Shockwaves.. I have a Black Diamond XR that shoots them excellent. Perhaps they would make a good open field projectile. I shoot them with 110 grains of Powder behind them and like you, get exceptional accuracy.

Congratulations on the taking of a nice doe. That is some excellent eating there. And that was a good shot. 125 yards in hunting conditions is not as easy as many people believe. It just shows what range time and knowing your rifle and load will do for you when its boots and saddle time..

Again, congratulations.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:33 AM
Typical Buck

I took a button buck yesterday on the doe tag. Hit him a little too far back and missed the lungs.Had to trail him a ways with good blood not a massive amount but OK even with no snow.Small entry hole somewhat larger exit,but the damage inside was unbelievable.I had to discard the liver,it was totaly destroyed.250gr SST 110gr 777.

Charlie
Old 11-21-2005, 09:38 AM
Dominant Buck

Congratulations of the deer Chasam60.. as for loosing the deer liver, that would be no problem. I leave ALL the guts in the woods anyway...

The more posts I read about the Shockwaves the more impressed I am with them. They sure seem to bring the game down.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats i cant make up my mind on what bullets now. T/C Shockwaves or Hornady SST?
Old 11-21-2005, 01:50 PM

They are the same bullet - just a different colored plastic tip, and a different sabot. In my T/C guns, the T/C Shockwaves seat a little easier.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:51 PM
Fork Horn

I have also had great success this year with the 200g shockwave. I have taken an antelope that dropped in his tracks and a 13 pt whitetail last friday that traveled only about 25 yards after being hit. I will never shoot another bullet through my Omega for deer sized game.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:25 PM

this past weekend of Illinois gun season I used my CVA optima and T/C shochwaves shot my first ML deer droped him on the spot at 40 yards he is a 12ptr which weighed 172lbs.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:41 PM
Fork Horn

I am going to concentrate on developing a load for Shockwaves in my new Omega and my Knight Bighorn. I may even buy a 1:28 twist Greene mountain barrel for my TC Renegade, so I can shoot them out of it. Like cayugad said, we have heard nothing but good things about the accuracy and the especilly the terminal perfomance of these bullets.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:13 AM
Typical Buck

Roscoe-I have the reverse.SST load easier for me in the Omega.I have noticed the more I shoot the easier everything is loading.I had the same thing happen with my New Englander.TC told me to keep shooting ,things will get better-they were right.Seems TC bores have to be "shot in"I don't have a problem with having to shoot more.I want to try the Shockwaves in 200gr again sometime.The first box I bought were horrible,but too many people are having great results for me to give up on them.

charlie

Quick Reply: t/c shockwaves

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.