Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Omega mounts

Old 11-19-2005, 07:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default Omega mounts

I just bought an Omega tonight. The scope mount screws look awfull close together. What is the best scope mount for it and do you have to get it drilled and tapped to get more space in between the mounts? Doesn't look like much to adjust the scope with.

I have heard a lot of loads for the gun on here. Will do a search later tonight. If anyone has a pet load they are dying to tell me about though, I wouldn't mind. Thanks.
Old 11-19-2005, 07:38 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Omega mounts

congratulations for adding a great rifle to your collection. Keep at it, and some day you will have walls full!!
Old 11-20-2005, 09:17 AM

I used the TC weaver base, Leopold mounts and a Banner 3-9x40 scope. Got the setup at Bass pro. and they put it all together with lots of thread lock. then bore sited it. On the bore siting have someone who knows what they are doing I was 10" right and 4" high at 50 yds. now I'm 3" high at 100 and can hit a milk jug at 200 yds.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:53 AM
Fork Horn

yakfisher,
My favorite base/ring set up for the Enocre and Omega is the Leupold Quick Release.It costs a little more, but it's worth the extra money "IMO".
It's easy to take on and off (no tools)for cleaning purposes and it retains your zero point.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:13 AM
Fork Horn

I can't find the Leupold QR base number listed by Leupold on their site. I was able to find the Rifleman base, which is basically a weaver style base. Do you know what the QR base model number is? I just put that setup on my Knight Bighorn and I really like it!
Old 11-20-2005, 01:02 PM
Fork Horn

yakfisher,
The Leupold QR matte base part # is 52325
low rings matte # 49971
med rings matte # 49974
high rings matte # 49979

I checked Mid South Shooters Supply and the base is $43.49 and the rings are $20.20
Old 11-20-2005, 03:53 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the info. Did you use the low rings or the medium?
Old 11-20-2005, 04:10 PM
Fork Horn

yakfisher,
I used the medium QR matte rings and I havea LeupoldVXIII3.5-10X40 on one of my Encore's and the Burris Fullfield II 3-9X40 on my T.H. Omega.
My best loads for my Omegaare the 300 Barnes MZ w/110grs. 777 and the Barnes 285gr. Spit Fire.
My all time best bullet/sabot you can not find any longer was the 289gr. Remington Copper Solid. This bullet would give me MOA groups consistantly @ 100yds. with magnum powder charges. I have about 60 rounds left of these and I'm saving them for hunting purposes only.

Old 11-20-2005, 04:17 PM
Fork Horn

I have a Nikon Buckmaster 3-9X40 that I am going to put on the Omega. I originally bought this for my Knight Bighorn, but I couldn't pass up the deal on the Omega for $169.00 at Walmart last night. I think with the 28" barrel, the Omega would be a better long distance gun than the Bighorn with the 22" barrel. Do you think I could use the low rings? They are what Leupold recommends on their mount selector. I would like to get the scope as close to the barrel as possible. Thanks again for the info.
Old 11-20-2005, 04:38 PM
Fork Horn

yakfisher,
I have a set of low matte QR ringsif you're interested. I've had them for awhile and I don't remember if they're new or used. They look new, but I don't have the package they came in. I'd make you a good deal and you wouldn't have to pay me till you know for sure that they'd work for you.
How's $10.00 plus shipping costs sound to you?

Quick Reply: Omega mounts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.