Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Nosler Partition HG's? >

Nosler Partition HG's?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Nosler Partition HG's?

Old 10-02-2005, 11:14 AM

Default Nosler Partition HG's?

I was watching Jim Shockey last night on cable - hunting some sheep in Wyoming. He uses the Nosler Partition HG bullet,with a sabot, in the Knight Revolution. Has anyone used these bullets on big game? Do they work as good as old Jim professes? Thanks. Roskoe
Old 10-02-2005, 11:43 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Nosler Partition HG's?

I've read a couple posts from people that shoot Nosler Partition bullets and they claim outstanding accuracy from them. I have shot some Nosler but they were not Partition. I got them on a close out sale and at the price they were offered, I bought them just for something different to shoot. They were 260 grain something or other and shot really good actually.

Some of these bullet companies need to wake up. I sometimes think I am too tight with a dollar. I just hate to pay a dollar a bullet. That really burns me. But then again, if they work and get the job done, once the rifle is sighted in then you can be a little more stingy with them. I put them in the category of the Barnes Expanders and the Powerbelts. They are another excellent shooting bullet, but when you have to shell out over a dollar a bullet to find out whether they shoot well out of your rifle, well.. they better.

Powerbelt testing actually got ridiculous. I was buying different weights, then working on different charges, and all I realized is some of them shot excellent. But at what price.

When you shoot some, be sure and post your results. I would be very interested....
Old 10-02-2005, 11:48 AM
bigcountry

I used the Partitions for the 45-70 and harvester sabot.I think they are simular but the HG bullet is made to expand at ~1400fps, and the 45-70 for the ~1800, (I think). But they are just so expensive so went back to the XTP's made for the 454's and all.

Old 10-02-2005, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is one fine bullet. Like Cayugad mentioned, it's on-par with the Barnes Expanders for harvest effectiveness.
You can buy the Partitions in a 50-pk bulk bullet boxfor $32.76 at this link below. Just slip on a Harvester plastic sabot & you're good-to-go!

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item.asp?sku=0011545260
Old 10-02-2005, 01:42 PM

Thanks. I'm going to order some tomorrow AM and try them with the new Harvester .429 Crush RibSabot. Still comes out to almost .65 cents per bullet and another .07 cents for the sabot, but what the heck. I also thought about the 265 Hornady, which is designed for the .444 Marlin - quite a bit cheaper at .19 cents each. But it is my understanding that the Partition HG's can stay together at over 2,000 fps and still expand as low as 700 fps. We'll see . . . .
Old 10-02-2005, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Roskoe

Thanks. I'm going to order some tomorrow AM and try them with the new Harvester .429 Crush RibSabot. Still comes out to almost .65 cents per bullet and another .07 cents for the sabot, but what the heck. I also thought about the 265 Hornady, which is designed for the .444 Marlin - quite a bit cheaper at .19 cents each. But it is my understanding that the Partition HG's can stay together at over 2,000 fps and still expand as low as 700 fps. We'll see . . . .
I hope you meant to say the .451/.452 black Harvester sabots.... not the green .429/.430s
Old 10-02-2005, 08:15 PM

I have both sizes in the new crush rib design. Haven't tried the green .430 ones yet. Isn't the 250 grain Partition HG a .429/.430 caliber bullet?
Old 10-02-2005, 08:26 PM
Dominant Buck

they come in both the .429 and .451 in size at that sight the T-7 posted. I put them on my wish list and the next time I send in an order I will get one of each. Even though it will cost me over $60.00 it makes a large order more easy.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:48 PM
XTP

despite using Hornady XTP's for years I have been using the 300 gr Nosler S.H.O.T.S for the last couple years and will again this year.My rifle just loves 'em and they work well on deer and bear.Cheaper than partitions for those that care(personally I don't....after all the bullet does the real work..LOL), with the same end result.Haven't tried the partitions and don't really feel the need to either
Old 10-02-2005, 09:10 PM

Triple 7 - are you warning me that the .429 Partition HG's are not going to be very accurate?Thx. Roskoe

Quick Reply: Nosler Partition HG's?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.