Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

GOEX PINNACLE FFg

Old 09-22-2005, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default GOEX PINNACLE FFg

After waiting for what seemed to be forever, I finally received some Pinnacle. My gun dealer couldn't remember if I wanted FF or FFF powder (it had been so long)so he got the FF Pinnacle for me. Bad thing??
I was surprised when I opened the jar to seethat the powder grannuleswere not as large as what I expected after reading other posts, "do not to buy the 2F".
My best comparison would be the grannule size is equal to that of Pyrodex Select. I do not think it will be a problem with the powder measure, but I'll be sure to postmy results.
Has anyone who reads this forumactually shot the FFg Pinnacle?
Old 09-22-2005, 07:06 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: GOEX PINNACLE FFg

When I ordered Pinnacle and knew it was made by APP I ordered the FFFg because of the size of the grains that APP makes. Glad to hear that Pinnacle FFg is not too big. I just ordered two more pounds of the Pinnacle FFFg since it worked so well the last time.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:22 PM
Typical Buck

I got some results from my pinnacle testing here:

http://goexpowder.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=817&start=15

Got more ta do but not looking too bad right now.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:34 PM
Typical Buck

The granuals of the FF stuff I bought are so big it frustates me to use the stuff. Shaking and banging the sides of my flask to fill a powder measure sure leaves my mouth sour.

What did come out and got shot went off ok the accuracy was so so but my barrel was clean. It also seemed to build more pressure than T7 w/o the benifits you normally see with the higher pressures. (ya that made sense)

It is the cleanest burning powder that ranks right up there with the worst powder I ever shot or should I say tried to shoot. It now resides in one of my trucks tool boxes I am hoping driving the stuff around will vibrate it to a smaller size.

Wish I owned a cannon.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:39 PM
Dominant Buck

Pittsburghunter.. are you trying to tell us that Pinnacle FFG is a little large in the grain size? I know the Clean Shot FFg I had was so big, you would pour that in the funnel top powder measure, close the funnel and then almost had to pound the funnel to get it to release the grains of Clean Shot. That was why I bought the 3f.

Be sure and check the stuff after a couple year, it might be just right!!
Old 09-22-2005, 08:09 PM
Typical Buck

Yeh I have seen deer droppings smaller than that stuff.
Old 09-23-2005, 05:11 AM
Fork Horn

"WOW" What I have is now way that large. I'll take pictures once they have things working fully here and show comparisons between Pinnacle FFg and other powders. Maybe they changed the screeningrecently?
Old 09-23-2005, 06:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: cayugad

When I ordered Pinnacle and knew it was made by APP I ordered the FFFg because of the size of the grains that APP makes. Glad to hear that Pinnacle FFg is not too big. I just ordered two more pounds of the Pinnacle FFFg since it worked so well the last time.
Cayugad, is this stuff identical to the old Clean Shot, or is it something different just being made by the same folks that used to make Clean Shot?
Old 09-23-2005, 08:12 AM
Dominant Buck

It is made by American Pioneer Powder through a joint effort with Goex. It is dark black in color where as Clean Shot was a mist gray almost. I am sure it is real close to the same stuff although others claim it is not. I have no idea. I had excellent luck shooting Clean Shot also...
Old 09-23-2005, 11:20 AM
Typical Buck

The general comments from Goex is that the powder is reformulated to be more moisture resistant and ignite at a slightly lower temperature. Time will tell I guess. I have several pounds of fffg but the weather in Arizona is still holding over 100 degrees so it will be a while before I can add to this evaluation. I never noticed the moisture thing with Clean Shot but it is pretty dry here (duh!!). I am hoping that the Pinnacle will compare favorably with Black Mag'3 and maybe be easier to get since Goex already has distribution set up.

Quick Reply: GOEX PINNACLE FFg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.