Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 T/C ONCORE ANY PROBLEMS??? >

T/C ONCORE ANY PROBLEMS???

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/C ONCORE ANY PROBLEMS???

Old 09-22-2005, 11:19 AM
Fork Horn

Default T/C ONCORE ANY PROBLEMS???

HEY GUYS, YOU PROBELY REMEMBER ME FROM LAST YEAR WITH THE OMEGA THAT IS SO HARD TO LOAD , WHEN PUSHING THE BULLET DOWN THE BARRELL ITS ALMOST IMPOSIBLE TO GET IT ALL THE WAY DOWN WITHOUT LUBE OR STANDING ON YOUR RAM ROD,
WELL IM DONE WITH THE OMEGA AND I WANT A ONCORE I WAS WONDERING IF ANY OF YOU HAVE HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH YOUR ONCORE 50 CAL , OR HAVE HEARD OF ANY PROBLEMS WITH THEM?
IM THINKING ABOUT STAINLESS BARRELL WITH CAMO STOCK .

THANK IN ADVANCE FOR INFO
Old 09-22-2005, 11:38 AM

Default RE: T/C ONCORE ANY PROBLEMS???

Although there is some variation in individual barrels, your new Encore barrel should be essentially the same as the Omega. So don't be real surprised if there is no substantial improvement in seating effort. It is more than likely the "cure" has to do with trying various bullet/sabot combinations - not a new gun. I don't remember the discussion from a year ago - what did you try that didn't work?
Old 09-22-2005, 11:52 AM

I have a SS/50 with composite stock and have had some problems with mine. I had to shim the scope base to get enough elevation at 100 yards. I am having inconsistant accuracy but I have not ruled out that the gun is just finicky and I havn't found the right load yet. I was having a horrible blowback problem but scraped the fire hole in the breechplug and lessened it considerably.
All that said, I like this gun more each time I shoot it. It handles and points well. I have not hunted with it yet but I hope to nail down a load and have this become my primary hunting rifle.

Ethan
Old 09-22-2005, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dr Kill,

Where are you located? I have an Encore for sale. Imight consider a trade for the Omega if you are interested.

SteveF
Old 09-22-2005, 12:31 PM
Fork Horn

ACTUALY I TRIED DIFFERENT COMBO,S WITH BULLETS , SHOCKWAVES,BARNET,HORNADY,AND POWERBELTS, ALSO I HAVE TRIED DIFFERENT POWDER ALTHO THAT DOES NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE SINCE I HAVE NOT SHOT IT AND I CANT EVEN LOAD IT , T/C REP TOLD ME AFTER THE FIRST SHOT TO USE THE # 13 WET PATCH AND SWAB THE BARREL AND THEN 1 DRY ONE THEN RELOAD IT ,, WELL I DID THAT AND STILL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM , ALSO MY BEST FRIEND HAS THE SAME PROBLEM I LOVE THE ACCURACY ON THIS GUN BUT IM PISSED I HAVE TO USE SUPER LUBE TO LOAD A 500$ GUN ,,,,,,,, HAVE YOU HEARD THE SAME ABOUT THE ONCORE???? THANKS
Old 09-22-2005, 01:35 PM

I have an Encore 209x50 SS and have not had a lick of problems with it in 3 years. I found a load that can give me sub 1" groups at 100 yards, never more than 1-1/2" unless it is my fault. The sabots are a little tight but I don't have to put my weight behind them to seat them. I use the T/C Maxima rings and bases with a Bushnell Banner scope and this combo has worked very well. I would recommend the Bellm springs and hinge pin to tighten the action up a bit. It's a great rifle. I also have the rifled 12 gauge barrel and several centerfire barrels. All are very accurate when you find theammo they like.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:48 PM

I have a new stainless Omega - one of my hunting buddies has a stainless Encore. They appear to load about the same. I can't believe you are having trouble withgetting Powerbeltsseated. They go down the barrel real easy in every gun I have tried them in - don't even remotely need a short starter. Something is amiss here . . . .
Old 09-22-2005, 01:55 PM
Fork Horn

THE PROBLEM CONSIST IN THE BOTTOM 5 INCHES OF THE BARREL, I WAS AT THE LOCAL RANGE LAST YEAR AND THE RANGE MASTER SAID HE HAD SEEN LOTS OF T/C SS OMEGAS, AND ONCORES ON THE RANGE VERY HARD TO LOAD , I MYSELF HAVE SEEN 3 OTHER OMEGAS WITH THE SAME PROBLEM , MAYBE NOT AS BAD AS THE OTHER BUT THE SAME TUFF LOADING AS MINE AND MY BUDDIES, THE REAL q IS WHO HAS AN ONCORE AND DO YOU HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS WITH IT MAYBE NOT AS BAD AS ME BUT EVEN A LITTLE ,, ADVICE IS NEEDED AND APPRECIATED

THANKS AGAIN
Old 09-22-2005, 01:59 PM

I would clean the barrel real thoroughly and look up the bore from the breech plug end. Can you seen any darkness/roughness in the first 5"? Is there any crud ring or plastic sabot residue in there? Might also try lapping that part of the barrel with JB paste.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:17 PM
Fork Horn

DUDE, ITS NOT A DIRTY GUN I HAVE OWNED MANY BLACK POWDERS AND THE BARREL IS SPOTLESS, I WOULD AGREE WITH YOU IF I WAS READING THIS BUT THESE GUNS HAVE HAD THIS PROBLEM SINCE OUT OF THE BOX FIRST TIME LOADING

Quick Reply: T/C ONCORE ANY PROBLEMS???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.