Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

CVA KODIAK ?

Old 09-21-2005, 10:42 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: CVA KODIAK ?

I have one and like it a lot. I haven't shot it all that much but enough to know that it is going to see a lot more powder. Clean up is nice. Took a little to pull the barrel out of the stock but after that things went well.
Old 09-21-2005, 02:22 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: cayugad

It's my understanding that one of these is going to have interchangable barrels so that it can compete with the Encore. I know that the CVA Optima Pro was supposed to have some other drop in barrels. I also heard they were thinking of doing this with a Kodiak. They are sure making a good all around rifle for some one starting out, if they pull that off.
CVA is coming out with an Encore look alike but it is not the Kodiak. I also understand that in addition to the black powder barrels they are making centerfire barrels for it. I also understand that the barrels are not coming from BPI but from another barrel manufacturer. This one should be interesting to see and check out the final price compared with the Encore which in my opinion is way overpriced.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:42 AM
Spike

I bought a Kodiak a couple of months ago. Handles and shoots great and is a breeze to clean. Best of all it won't break the bank to purchase it.

I am shooting 100 gr Triple 7 pellets with a PowerBelt 245 gr bullet.