Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 I LIKED IT, I REALLY LIKED IT!!!! >

I LIKED IT, I REALLY LIKED IT!!!!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

I LIKED IT, I REALLY LIKED IT!!!!

Old 07-25-2005, 09:57 PM

Default I LIKED IT, I REALLY LIKED IT!!!!

Well as I mentioned in my other post I was shooting my new smokepole(pursuit LT) for the first time today and wow did I enjoy it! Heck I even enjoyed the cleaning of it after. I was shooting 100grs. of pyrodex powder and 240gr hp/xtp hornady sabots and open sights, I was shooting 3" groups at 50yrds(with practice will only get better)and I sighted it in 3" high at 50yrds when I have more time I will increase the range. And when I am more knowledgable in the sport I will try differnet powders and bullets. Also to anyone who wants to know the Traditions pursuit LT is a great gun I got a 05 model and yes they did fix the trigger problem its a very well balanced and nice shooting gun. Man I am hooked on this sport I am glad I traded the bow in. I love it and thanks to all who have answered the many questions I have asked and will ask.

Old 07-25-2005, 11:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: I LIKED IT, I REALLY LIKED IT!!!!

If you enjoyed cleaning afterwards...you're hooked. Same way myself. Welcome to muzzleloading.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:02 AM
Dominant Buck

WARNING-- stay away from all stores and locations that sell muzzleloaders or muzzleloading supplies. Your wallet will thank you.. You're hooked but you will find, its a great hobby. I love to shoot muzzleloaders. Inline, cap locks, flintlocks, smoothbores.. they all make lots of smoke, and noise. I like them all...
Old 07-27-2005, 04:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

its funny ive been hooked for 3 years now been shooting religeously but i dont know what my muzzle loader sounds like without hearing protection.... everytime i shot it i was wearing hearing protection I got this wild hair growing Im gonna have to pluck it and see just what the darn thing sounds like, I guess just all the smoke was tickling my fancy enough i forgot all about the BOOM !! LOL
Old 07-27-2005, 08:54 PM
Fork Horn

Can't let the BOOM feel left out HD. Go for it.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

What?
Old 07-29-2005, 09:09 AM

I have really enjoyed muzzleloading for the last 5 years but I don't think I can give up my bow or rifles. That's my problem. I have too many hobbies so I'm always broke!!! LOL
Old 07-30-2005, 09:40 AM
Spike

Thats not a problem G2 shooter. I think we call it enjoyment. I been m/l hunting for along time and rifle hunting and bow hunting and any kind of hunting I can do. When it comes to hunting as a hobby you never can do to much of it!!!