Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Its about that time... >

Its about that time...

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Its about that time...

Old 05-12-2005, 08:24 PM

Default Its about that time...

Dont get me wrong, I love my old Remington 700ML, but its about time for a new baby. Im up in the air between a few rifles;
A- NEF SideKick
B- MDM QuicShooter Magnum
C- CVA Optima Pro
All of them seem to be very similar (Thats why im having trouble deciding) and I was wondering if any of them stood out, either in a bad or good way.

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated
Thanks
Old 05-12-2005, 08:30 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Its about that time...

Only a one word reply. OMEGA-OMEGA-OMEGA.

Charlie
Old 05-12-2005, 08:34 PM

I do like the Omega, but its a bit pricey for me...im trying to keep it under $200-$250
Old 05-12-2005, 08:47 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Whitehair

Dont get me wrong, I love my old Remington 700ML, but its about time for a new baby. Im up in the air between a few rifles;
A- NEF SideKick
B- MDM QuicShooter Magnum
C- CVA Optima Pro
All of them seem to be very similar (Thats why im having trouble deciding) and I was wondering if any of them stood out, either in a bad or good way.

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated
Thanks
Of those mentioned I think I would go with the NEF Sidekick. For no other reason then the company that makes them has been making that action for a long time. Also I have had a chance to handle the Sidekick and it is a nice shouldering rifle. All reports are they are great shooters out of the box.

I am sure that the others are fine rifles. Although if I did not have a real bad itch for a new one I might hold off and save a little more and look at the Omega. It always surprises me when I look at the auction sites how well a T/C Omega holds their value.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:51 PM

Hi,
I'm new to the line muzzle loaders.I've only had my Knight Disc 50 a short time.
I like the Knight alot better than my brother's CVA Mag.Bolt 150's.
And the Knight shoots 100% better than the .54 Cableas Hawkin's
that I shot for ten years.
Just watch the tape on how to take the bolt apart close,I didn't and had to get help from this web-site to fix it.
I shot at 200yards this pass Wed,and I'm just in love with the Knight.
The orange Disc are just one draw back,but If you have them all ready to shoot ,then they are quick and fast to load.
Good Luck on making up your mind,theres all sorts of Muzzleloaders out there .Ten years ago there wasen't alot to chose from.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Keep using the Rem until you have enough dough for the T/C Omega or Knight Revolution.
Old 05-13-2005, 03:29 PM
Typical Buck

What did you pay for your 700ML? I bought mine in 1996 and it was one of the high end rifles then.I believe I paid around $350.00.The Omega is not much more than that.I must admit I have never equaled the groups I shot with the 700.Still the most accurate rifle I own,Just too dirty for me to deal with.Good luck with whatever you choose.

Charlie
Old 05-14-2005, 05:48 PM

How about the Knight Wolverine 209? Im kinda liking the .50 on Natchez...
Old 05-14-2005, 06:44 PM
Dominant Buck

The Knight 209 .50 caliber Wolverine would be a great rifle. Is this the one that does not have sights on it because it is meant to have a scope? I have a Knight Wolverine II .50 caliber which is the older model that uses the #11 caps and has a 22" barrel. It is a great shooting rifle and easy to clean. I think your choice with the longer barrel would be an excellent choice in my opinion. It would be a real long range sabot shooter and at a reasonable price also....
Old 05-17-2005, 10:04 AM
Typical Buck

I think from the models you listed that they are all likley pretty comperable.

If a break-action is what you are looking for also take a look at the Traditions Pursuit Pro.
I've not shot one but the balance and shouldering is really good.

I'd give the edge to NEF were my money. I have several H&R/NEF rifles and they are all well made.

Quick Reply: Its about that time...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.