Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder > Black Powder Reference Forum
Do I have Pyrodex or Triple Se7en? >

Do I have Pyrodex or Triple Se7en?

Community
Black Powder Reference Forum Information written by our members to help the beginner, novice, and old-time muzzleloader on Flintlocks, Percussion and In-Lines.

Do I have Pyrodex or Triple Se7en?

Old 03-30-2018, 07:34 AM
Spike

Default Do I have Pyrodex or Triple Se7en?

Bought a box or Hogdon 50/50 pellets. Outside of the box states Pyrodex. Inside is a slip of paper Stating Triple Se7en. So which do I have - Pyrodex or Triple Se7en? I am guessing Pyrodex. I have to learn muzzle loaders all over again from 40 years ago.
Old 03-30-2018, 05:10 PM
Fork Horn

If the pellets have black powder on one end then yes, you have pyrodex pellets. Triple Seven pellets do not have black powder on them.

You want to put the black powder end in first so they can get the most fire from the caps, thats why they were made like that. Pyrodex is harder to ignite than T7.

If you have experience with loose powder I would recommend staying with it. Pellets won't give you as many options when developing a load for your rifle/pistol.

Last edited by toytruck; 04-02-2018 at 02:45 PM.