Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder > Black Powder Reference Forum
Cayugad did this a couple years ago. >

Cayugad did this a couple years ago.

Community
Black Powder Reference Forum Information written by our members to help the beginner, novice, and old-time muzzleloader on Flintlocks, Percussion and In-Lines.

Cayugad did this a couple years ago.

Old 10-29-2017, 12:46 PM
Fork Horn

Blackhorn 209 is designed for a closed breech gun like a TC Encore or CVA Optima. The TC Black Diamond is a plunger breech gun. The pressures of BH209 could cause the plunger to go rearward into your face/neck if there is a failure. Listen to what Dave (Cayguad) told you!!
Old 11-03-2017, 06:41 PM
Spike

I did but know guys that don t
Old 11-06-2017, 07:21 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bearbow49
I had a guy tell me the same thing at the range last month, he said one of the local gunsmiths told him it was OK. I just told him that I wouldn't and left it at that. Its not smart to argue with a guy with a gun...
Old 11-12-2017, 03:13 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bearbow49
Refrain from using Blackhorn with your T/C XR. Some day one of your buddies may regret not listening to your advice / fore-warning.