Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Gold Tip Moves To Mexico ..... >

Gold Tip Moves To Mexico .....

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Gold Tip Moves To Mexico .....

Old 05-07-2005, 06:57 PM

Default Gold Tip Moves To Mexico .....

It's in the mist that the great company Gold Tip arrow has moved it's operations to Mexico, Yet another Great American product gone across the border.

A bunch of us from another known forum has sent e mails to G T & they are not answering none of the e mails. G Wonder why ?!!

Just thought i would pass it on to you all on here.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gold Tip Moves To Mexico .....

I emailed them and will let you know if they actually reply.
Old 05-08-2005, 03:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds good to me the US seems to be trading industry for illegal immigrants. Thats a great formula..lets keep these Idiot Republicans( I am a lifetime Repub BTW) or Democrats in power. Both parties suck
Old 05-08-2005, 07:58 PM

can't blame them, its called profit maximization, marginal revenue=marginal cost.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:50 AM
Typical Buck

I've found GT arrows to be VERY inconsistent in spine, so I quit using em some time ago. Now I don't like to see more business leaving the country, but hey, maybe it'll up their quality control!

VicW.
Old 05-13-2005, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here is a reply that they sent me about the move. The jury is still out for me.

Making our products in the USA is very important to us, and the decision to have a portion of the manufacturing done outside of the US was not only one we did not plan for, but it is a decision that we did not want to have to make. In 2005 alone we had nearly a 50% increase in the cost of manufacturing arrows due to new taxes imposed and rising costs in raw materials. Even with those huge increases we were only able to get around a 5% increase in the price of the shafts, and even that came with a lot of resistance from our customers. There is nothing we can do about the Taxes or the cost of the materials, the highest quality materials come from the US and that is something that we are not willing to sacrifice. The only other option for us was to cut costs on some costs on labor. One part of the manufacturing process, which is actually rolling the raw materials into a tube, is very time consuming and expensive in the US. This is the portion that will be done in Mexico. The remainder of the manufacturing process, all of the quality control, inspection, sorting, labeling, cutting, packaging in shipping will still take place in our Orem Utah facility.

We respect your decision to no longer purchase Gold Tip arrows if that is what you choose, we simply had to do this in order to remain in business and keep as many US jobs as possible.

Sincerely,

Kody Walker

Sales & Marketing Manager
Old 05-13-2005, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would say they gave you a straight forward answer. I would still buy arrows from them if you have in the past? I shoot Easton XX-78's so that leaves me out.