Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Lets see your pictures

Old 05-01-2005, 06:52 PM

Default RE: Lets see your pictures

my hunting partners bear 2004 the bear was beded down in front of the bait and was taken after about an hour on stand we didnt even know he was there had a full belly and was taken a nap

Old 05-01-2005, 07:20 PM

Just back from Prince of Wales Island Alaska and was lucky enough to harvest this awesome black bear. It was the hunt of a lifetime, and I'm already rebooked for next year. Spot and stalk method on feeding Black Bears is as good as it gets!

Old 05-01-2005, 07:24 PM

Here's another pic of the bear. My first trip to Alaska and I don't care if I have to refinance the house, I'm going back as often as I can!! Not only was the bear hunting world class, but the fishing was awesome too!

Old 05-01-2005, 07:31 PM

like i said very very nice bear
im full of enevy makes mine look like a cub lots of eaten there
what did he score and weigh?
Old 05-01-2005, 07:41 PM

Don't know the actual weight, but it's big. The transporters guessed 475-525lbs, the bears on that island are so big their bellies are almost dragging on the ground. This bear had about 6" of daylight between his belly and the beach. Score will put it right at boone and crockett when it dries, had two guys score it and the prelim measures were 20 3/16" by the taxidermist that was with us and 19 14/16 by another taxidermist in the area, I don't know why such a big difference but I'll find out after the beettles do their job and it dries what it actually scored. What ever it happens to score, I couldn't be happier, it's a trophy to me whether it makes the book or not. The whole adventure was so unreal, I'm still wondering if it was all a dream! I booked the trip with 9 days notice and it turned out to be the best thing I've ever done. Still recovering from the plane ride right now! Massachusetts to Alaska is a long ways!! There's a pic on my site where the bear is hanging (it's a little dark, the pic), it really shows the length of it. I didn't want to keep posting pics on here, they take up so much room.
http://groups.msn.com/skunkaroo1/ala...nw?albumlist=2
Old 05-02-2005, 09:03 AM

Pace,

That is an awesome bear. Interestingly, My father and three of my friends are at Prince of Whales Island as I write this. I couldn't go this time. I'm sitting here kicking myself. But, One trip every couple of years is my financial limit. I was wishing I had went before your post, Now I'm sick with envy. Terrific Bear!!!
Old 05-02-2005, 01:07 PM

Congrats on the bear Pace! Thanks for sharing the pics, did you get into any "tyee" sized salmon or "barn door" halibut?
Old 05-04-2005, 11:14 PM
Fork Horn

Here's a few pics of my more recent bucks.

first is my 2002 whitetail. My buddy and I only had I day off school to get out hunting and as luck would have it we both tagged out.

Old 05-04-2005, 11:22 PM
Fork Horn

I don't have any field pics of my three bucks from 2003, they got lost by the place I took them to get developped. All the incentive I needed to get a digital.

Here is the mulie I got with my muzzleloader in Oct '03 and one of my whitetails from November '03:

hopefully these pictures work and I'm not just wasting my time and yours!
Old 05-09-2005, 12:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great pictures people, heres my Maryland "elk" from last year, blackpowder kill.

Quick Reply: Lets see your pictures

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.