Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Did you enter elknut1 ???

Old 03-30-2005, 05:37 AM

Default Did you enter elknut1 ???

Hello from Oregon Paul , just curious if you entered the buglin comp. or not , I was tryin to talk you into to it on Primos , if you did what place did you take ?..Hope you didn't chicken out on me [:'(]--Hope lifes going well for you and yours.

Take care bud.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:48 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Did you enter elknut1 ???

BBB---No I didn't enter a calling contest as of yet! Yes, I did consider the ISE Sports Show, but instead went with my gut feeling and wanted to see one first and how it all works! Now that I've got a little more in what goes on I have a better idea on how to prepare myself for future events! Thanks for your encouragement!!!--------Paul
Old 03-31-2005, 01:30 PM
Typical Buck

It was my fault Elknut1 didn't enter! Sometimes I just talk too much. I gave Paul too much to think about Buglin Big Bulls. Made his toes a little frosty. The bad part is Paul would have done very well. Next time I am just going to hush.
Gselkhunter/ Gregg
Old 03-31-2005, 02:32 PM

Oh There is no doubt in my mind Paul would have done great !!. Him and his son are both awesome callers, Paul is very educated when it comes to elk (language) and calling them in. That is why i was so excited to hear about him possibly entering !!!. I entered our bugling competition here in Oregon but It is a lot different calling on a stage in front of a bunch of people !!!...I've called a lot of elk in in my past but not too great on stage !!!!---I was a nervous reck , knees were knockin for a little bit, but it was fun , after words I thought heck it wasn't that bad !!! "but I was"
Old 03-31-2005, 08:55 PM
Typical Buck

gselkhunter is by no means responsible for me not entering the Comp Calling!!!! He just enlightened me on something I had not considered and needed a little time to mull it over. And that's what I did.

I did apprecieate his input and highly respect his opinions & thoughts.

BBG--Thanks for the kind words, and yes I'll be entering a few comps this year, not sure about my son, but I am working on him!! ElkNut1
Old 04-01-2005, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Paul, are you compeating in the Boise comp or just judging? How many competitions are their left this year. I only know of the Boise, and Stanly. I too look foward to seeing you in action.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:11 PM
Typical Buck

Jason---I've looked into the one in Boise and haven't confirmed yet that there is one, but I heard there was. If so, yes, I will compete at that one. No, I'm not judging there that I know of!!

There's the one in MT. next weekend April 8th, I will be judging at that one and giving a Seminar on Elk Vocalization there, so won't be able to compete.

Yes, there's one in Stanley in July sometime. Then there's a big one in Denver coming up. There are of course many smaller ones around in various states, it's just a matter of tracking them down.-----------------------------------------------------Paul
Old 04-01-2005, 08:23 PM

Paul,
Are you talking about the ISB jaboree in Stanley in July? IF you are I will be there. I will also be doing a seminar or two. I will be in the competition if I have time.
Hope to see you there.
elkaholicid
Michael
Old 04-01-2005, 08:40 PM
Typical Buck

Michael---Yes, I'm hoping to attend and compete at the Jamboree. We'll see how it goes as the time gets closer!!

What is the name or subject of your seminars? Thanks-Paul
Old 04-01-2005, 08:59 PM

I will be doing seminars on elk hunting tactics and calling. No heckling while I am doing the seminar. Afterwards you can heckle all you want.
Look forward to talking with you more.
elkaholicid
Michael

Quick Reply: Did you enter elknut1 ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.