Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

HE DID IT!!!!!

Old 03-20-2005, 11:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default HE DID IT!!!!!

Well, Idahoelkinstructor didn't want me to post this.... But, I'm so proud of him, I'm going to anyway! He went and signed up to call in the contest at the SLC Sportsman's Expo. He signed up in the Adult division. The contest started at 1:30pm on Sunday. First there was the Pee Wee division. Then came the Youth division. Followed by the Adult division and then finally the Professional - Best of the West.

I have to say I am very proud of my hubby!!!! He did an AWESOME job!!!! He placed 3rd and won a Crooked Horn Outfitters backpack and a Buck knife!!!

Kudos go to Elknut1, he couldn't have done it without you!!! We feel very blessed and humbled to count you and your awesome wife as our friends. I'm not quite sure how we can repay you for all you've done for us, but I'll find a way..... somehow.

We got to meet rather_be_huntin, Elknut1 and Montana679. We were very impressed with being able to meet such awesome, kind and wonderful people. It was an awesome show. Wish we could have had more time to visit with our HNI friends. We'll have to get another get together sometime and really do some talking!

Thanks for all of your support and hope to see you all sometime!!

P.S. I'll post some pics as soon as I get my camera hooked up and the photos can be posted.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:51 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: HE DID IT!!!!!

Very good! Congrats Idahoelkinstructor! Wish I could have been there to see it.
Gselkhunter
Old 03-21-2005, 08:17 AM

Thats great!!! Who ended up winning?
Old 03-21-2005, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

way to go
Old 03-21-2005, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like he made first place with you. Tell the ole man congradulations. Bobby
Old 03-21-2005, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here are some pics from this weekend. Sorry for the size. I tried to resize them, but some are still kinda big.

This was dinner @ Rodizio's. On the left is Idahoelkinstructor holding our son, Aaron. Then there is Rather_be_Huntin, Elknut1 and his wife Brenda.

This is at the show. Idahoelkinstructor on the left, Montana 679 and his wife Deanie, Elknut1 and his wife Brenda.

These are the winners of the Adult Division Elk calling contest. I didn't get the other winner's names.... so if anyone else did then go ahead and post them. Chad Shearer is on the far right, he hosted the contest.

These are the judges for the Best of the West competition. Jim Horn from Primos Calls is in the middle, Chuck Adams is the 2nd from the right. Chad Shearer (the host) is on the immediate right hand side. Again, I didn't get all the names, so if anyone else has them, go ahead and post away!
Old 03-21-2005, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to your husband. I have been waiting for pictures & a report?
Thanks for posting.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Hikchick! Rather be hunting gave me a wrong number! OR if he didn't he sure didn't recognize his screen name or mine or my name when I called! But it gets worse! As I wandered around I looked for someone who's face looked familiar, but I couldn't remember what you guys looked like. I passed you three different times! I recognize your husband, elknut, and brenda! GRRRR!!! Congrats to your hubby though!
Old 03-21-2005, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great job Idahoelkinstructor. Looks like the show was a good time.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:35 PM
Typical Buck

HikChick---You're right Jason (idahoelkinstructor) Did Do It!!!! He did an awesome job. He deserved 3rd place. Plus it takes a lot of nerve to get up in front of a large audience and perform the way he did!!

HOWEVER!!! On the picture taking!!!! I look like a real boozer there!!!! <grin> Could you please remind me if the picture was taken as I was sliding under the Resteraunt table or after my wife drug me out from under it!!!!!!!

All in all it was a great time! Yes we met some great folks which include Rather_B_Hunting & Montana679 & his wife!!! I can't wait to do it again!!! Hopefully I'll drink a little less!!!!! Someone help me out here!!! ANYBODY!!!!-----ElkNut1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.