Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

HE DID IT!!!!!

Old 03-21-2005, 06:53 PM

Default RE: HE DID IT!!!!!

awsome. can he give me some lessons.[8D]
Old 03-21-2005, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

elknut, you don't look boozed up at all in the picture. It looks more like you were suffering from an elk talk overdose. It is a condition common to those suffering from elk overdose. It is edentifiable by droopy eyes and slurred speach. It is commonly confused with intoxication. The only known cure is the smell of fresh elk steaks. Take two of them and call me in the morning. See, its not so bad after all.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

First off I want to thanks to all who have posted. Though I have not met most of most of you face to face I feel like I know you through your posts, and I count you among my friends. Secondly I also need to thank elknut1, gselkhunter and elkcrazy8. Greg it was from your emails that helped me put together a last minute program. I need to get on the horn with you and take my calling up a notch or two. Paul told me a few tricks that you taught him that I need to learn. Chad sorry that circumstances didn't allow you to make it. I know we have mostly talked on the phone about bows, arrows, and shooting for hunting and 3-D. But knowing I was going to be rubbing shoulders with you, Paul and Greg gave me extra confidence overall. Now with that said I'll admit I was Nervous as all crap!!!! This might sound stupid but I not only wanted to do good for me but also make a good inpression with all of you that were going to be there. I look up to many of you and can only hope to be as good as hunters and callers that you are. I am happy that I took 3rd but I feel that I have much room for needed inprovement. I went into this competition with a win or lose, performing bad or good attitude. I was going to have fun and meet new friends. Thats exactly what happened!!! Sure, I admit that someday I hope to be good enough to be sponsored, and be calling in the pro division. But in reality my love of elk and elk hunting comes way before the desire of being one of the best. To be with friends and family and talk about past elk hunts. To plan furture elk hunts and to make new friends and to listen to their elk hunting stories and to tell my own from time to time. Well thats whats important, thats what I live eat and breathe for. Elk Elk and more Elk. I am a man of faith and believe in God and religion and believe that people need to put their family first and foremost. I do that now and plan on having elk hunting help me with that plan in the furture. I want to teach my son and daughter that a bugling bull elk can give you a bigger high than any drugs in any form. I look at the bonds that elk hunting, and hunting in general forms. No other sport can bring a family and friends together and for a lifelong unity. So I guess what I am tring to say is I also need to thank the beautiful ELK himself. I mean just think about it. How many other animals get people fired up excited, trying to copy their sounds in the wild. Waking up early, going to bed late with little sleep, hiking many miles burning your guts and lungs out until you think you might just die. And when we are successful, the real work only begins from there. But at the end of the season when the physical torture is over, all you can do is dream about it until next year. I should also add that elk taste mighty good in elk camp or around a dinner table any time of the year. Well thats all part of the beauty of elk and elk hunting. I am proud to be an elk hunter and an elk caller, and to meet many of you who share the same passions about this animal as I do. Thanks again to all! Jason.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:06 AM
Typical Buck

I am so glad for you Jason, way to go! It is a thrill, and doing it is the only way to understand it. And wait til you win one, that is a different thrill all to it's own. And thank you for the very nice compliment, but I am not sure I helped you. Send me an address & phone number Jason! I have a few tricks in the bag you can have.
Paul I waiting to hear from you and get your veiw of the calling, maybe this weekend. Now that you have heard it, what do I have to do to get you ready for the next one. Come on Paul your up! The Colorado Bowhunter Association July 15,16,17 at Camp Hale has there Jamboree! Camping, 3D shooting and calling competition and even a dance Saturday Night. Good time! It is over by Leadville CO. A true FAMILY EVENT. If anyone has an interest. http://www.coloradobowhunting.org/cb...62E3094336BBD0 I like going, talk about hunting stories. Paul, a good place to sell your wares. Think about it guys.
Gselkhunter/ Gregg
Old 03-22-2005, 12:47 PM
Typical Buck

Judyboi I'm really sorry about that I went and tried to look at what number I sent you but I couldn't find the message. Wasn't intentional bud and we were all looking forward to meeting you.

CONGRATS Jason!!!! I had a family emergency Sunday morning and got to the show too late to see the competition. I ran into Paul though and he told me the good news. That's awesome!!! Looking forward to the next meeting and maybe coming up to chase some Idaho elk. It was real nice meeting you and hickchick. You are some of the nicest people I've met, it was a real pleasure.

Paul you weren't in a drunken daze unless you really can't hold liquor. You had what, half a drink? I think that's the look you get right before you come out with a new innovative elk hunting theory. It was real nice meeting you and I really enjoyed talking elk with you. I should say listening to you cause you've forgotten more about elk hunting than most people have ever learned.

Montana579 it was real nice talking with you and you're wife. I just might take you up on that offer to come up to Montana and chase some bulls.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Judyboi I'm really sorry about that I went and tried to look at what number I sent you but I couldn't find the message. Wasn't intentional bud and we were all looking forward to meeting you.
I know, I will pm you the pm you gave me.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:03 PM
Dominant Buck

CONGRATS!......Good Show.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

HOWEVER!!! On the picture taking!!!! I look like a real boozer there!!!! <grin> Could you please remind me if the picture was taken as I was sliding under the Resteraunt table or after my wife drug me out from under it!!!!!!!
LOL

Elknut1,
I think the appropriate name for that is not intoxication. I believe it's called blinkage! I must have caught you in mid blink! Sorry bout that. I'm not the best photographer....... But at least ya look like your regular, handsome self in the other pic!!! Next time I'll warn ya that I'm taking a picture. Fair deal?
Old 03-23-2005, 07:09 AM
Typical Buck

HickChick---Sounds good to me!!! Maybe I'll have to work out a set of hand signals or something so you'll know I'm ready!!! Kinda like a 2 man setup we use for a caller and a shooter for elk!!! ---------------------------------------------ElkNut1
Old 03-24-2005, 05:12 PM

congratulations jason you did an excellent job and deserved third place. my wife and I really enjoyed meeting you guys last weekend I wish we would have had more time to get to know everyone a little better. As you can see i guess my name is crazymtn679 not Montana679 Iguess I should post a little more often maybe I could remember what my name is.idahoelkinstructor, Hikchick, ratherbehuntin,elknut1 and Brenda talking with you was a pleasure hopefully we can get together again sometime.If you ever get up this way please holler. Craig

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.