Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 How often do you eat wild game? >

How often do you eat wild game?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

How often do you eat wild game?

Old 03-17-2005, 06:49 AM

Default RE: How often do you eat wild game?

1-2 times a week
Old 03-17-2005, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

At the least once a week (supply is low) . Good luck
We were there last year, then this year we got 2 elk, 2 antelope, and 13 deer. That took care of that problem! Have a bunch of people put in for the draw and you never know what you might get.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:13 PM

You guys on here are hardcore!!! I love it.....eating game all the time! This is the mentality that i have.....and im glad i found where the other people like this are.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:02 AM

I kill or catch probably 90 or so percent of what we eat. pork deer doves and fish. Never get out west and barely deer hunt though these past couple years due to hectic schedule at work. Even so my wife says she feels like a freak at the grocery store due to the fact that all she gets is veggies and carbohydrates (no room for a garden in town) As for the hormone and antibiotic issue. I'm a big guy 6'4" 200 lbs- not huge, not at all over weight, and in better shape than 95 percent of anyone anywhere - this is due to the physically demanding nature of my job. BUT - As a kid I ate mybe 1 time a week game and the rest of what I ate was purchased at the grocery store. And I grew big and strong fast, and never got over weight. my wife insists on getting organic milk for my boy- and I can tell a difference in him and myself at his age- He is certainly healthy but he is smaller than I was by far. Now this could be genetic- or dietary - probably both. He is very healthy, never gets sick. I think the Amereican diet is a huge part of why we are physically bigger than alot of other cultures- this is due to hormones and steroids in our chow. I'm not convinced it's killing us. As for the weight issue- supersize fries are more to blame there I believe than the crap inour factory farmed livestock. I won't let mykid eat at Mickey D's or any of that fast food crap. lots of greae and carbohydrates are what's killing us, far faster than growth hormone and antibiotics are.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Makes good sense Jerry.
Not really too sure how many times a week I actually eat wild game but I know its a lot cause thats all I have in my freezer. Mule deer, white-tail, elk, and I think the bear and moose given to me is all but gone now. The koocanees and rainbows I catch myself. Last year I raised 18 turkeies and 12 rhode Island reds. There is a lot of difference in taste, and in nutruiants between that of a farm raised bird and a bird that had never seen daylight and is induced with the "Who Knows Whats." But sometimes people don't have a choice. Bobby
Old 03-18-2005, 08:58 PM

2-3 times a week in our house on average, not counting sausage and jerky. Haven't bought beef in 2 years. Pork, chicken and fish makes up the rest of our meat choices
Old 03-18-2005, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

About 3-4 times a week. There are 2 of us trying to eat a deer, an antelope, an elk, a quater of a moose and 2 turkies. I can never get enough. I cooked some elk tonight and smothered it in a rich alfredo sauce along with some steamed veggies. Chased it down with a silver bullet and kicked back in the recliner. Let the greenies have their tofu, I am eating meat.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

1-2 times a week.
Old 03-19-2005, 05:48 PM

3 to 4 times a week