HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   If you saw a bigfoot/sasquatch would you shoot it? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/90955-if-you-saw-bigfoot-sasquatch-would-you-shoot.html)

SeaHunter 02-17-2005 08:51 PM

If you saw a bigfoot/sasquatch would you shoot it?

I was thinking about this. It might be my Hill Billy neighbor running around in a gorilla suit or it could be big foot. But do you drop it?

If it's a Bigfoot you can provide proof to the world they exist but if it's your weird neighbor I'm sure jail time might be in your future.

RedAllison 02-17-2005 10:05 PM

RE: If you saw a bigfoot/sasquatch would you shoot it?

Drop "it" like a bad habit... I think some states have even outlawed killing something they cant even prove exists, lol. But for the greater of science, man and "what if?" I think killing one would be acceptable. When I was a kid I used to be fascinated by the idea of a sasquatch (mainly because I was petrified of Andre "The Giant" dressed up like Bigfoot in all those Six Million Dollar Man episodes, lmao) and I believe deep down inside we want to believe that a "missing link" exists. But I am completely content with our Creator's "recipe" for how human life got here.

But then again if you have ever seen the ancient forests of the North West you can kinda believe something could wander around there for eons without discovery! ;)
RA

St.EdsHunter 02-18-2005 12:21 AM

If its your neighbor he deserves to get smoked running around the woods in a get-up like that. I would kill it but thats just some college punks opinion.

apmaurosr 02-18-2005 04:19 AM

I'd drop it - but only if there's an open season on bigfoot. Otherwise you'd be put in jail if it was your neighbor or if you'd be in jail for shooting big foot with no open season.

ant
www.anthonypmaurosr.com

rob1 02-18-2005 04:53 AM

I'd drop him in his tracks, and claim he attacked me and I had to shoot to defend myself!

Rustyaxecamp 02-18-2005 06:12 AM

He'd hang on the Rusty Axe Camp Bigfoot Pole.

In MI, I think there is a law saying there is no closed season on "exotics", like if an Emu walked past you in deer season, I think you can touch off on it. I think. And in my book, Bigfoot would classify as an exotic.

If you got up to it and it was your neighbor, well, there's a lot of real thick nasty swamps in the U.P.;)

Erik

Rusty Axe Camp

kevin1 02-18-2005 06:23 AM

I'd do what all REAL Bigfoot hunters do ,
I'd smack him with a keg and take pics ! ;) :D

Montana Bob 02-18-2005 09:15 AM

Here's a subject I have spent many hours thinking about while in the woods hunting.
I would not really want to kill it. I would want to try and capture Bigfoot as killing it would be a waste of the science we could learn. There would be some great info we could learn from a dead one, but not as much as if it were alive.
Besides if a capture or kill were to take place our government would step right in and well..........You remember ET

m00sedrool 02-18-2005 09:29 AM

LMAO on three counts....first, the topic in general. Secondly, the reference to the Six Million Dollar Man episodes that brought back some memories....but mostly envisioning Montana Bob throwing a lasso at a Rocky Mountain subspecies Big Foot so he can bring 'em in live. You never know what you might bugle in out there! Let me know if you're successful MT bob....we'll start the RMBFF to facilitate further research and habitat improvement and headquarter it there in Darby. ;)

hillbillyhunter1 02-18-2005 09:34 AM

OK Bob, if you have spent so much time considering capture, What method are you thinking? Open Pit with branches on top (like a gilligan's Island episode)?, snare with bait?
pouring salt on its stub of a tail? :D:D:D:D

Rustyaxecamp 02-18-2005 09:47 AM

Some people think of the meaning of life while in the woods or see the beauty in a possum, whatever. It's good to know other hunters think of things like bigfoot and the methods involved in taking him down.

I had several lengthy debates with my friends during my college years and came to the conclusion, that I could take a whitetail on a fishing pole.

My plan was to be in a tree stand, look for a yearling doe, use braided, very heavy line, an appropriate treble hook, an apple for bait, a stout rod, and a reel with good drag. I think a treestand with a chair like on Quint's boat on Jaws (you know, where I could strap in).

At least I know I am not alone in thinking things like this.

Erik

Rusty Axe Camp

Montana Bob 02-18-2005 10:03 AM

ORIGINAL: hillbillyhunter1
OK Bob, if you have spent so much time considering capture, What method are you thinking? Open Pit with branches on top (like a gilligan's Island episode)?, snare with bait?
pouring salt on its stub of a tail? :D:D:D:D
Well the way I envision it is that Bigfoot comes wandering in to my camp from the smell of bacon. I entice him in to share a meal. He likes it so much he follows me back home and I put him up to live in my 5th wheel.
You know just like Harry and The Hendersons

BareBack Jack 02-18-2005 10:11 AM

I would shoot it,not cause I wan't to kill it,but to just prove it realy dose exsist(or did).As for the neighbor,he aparently lost his mind.;)

Racor 02-18-2005 10:28 AM

I don't think I'd shoot it...cause then you'd have to drag it!! or would you quarter it? Cape it? Hmmm....

TerryM 02-18-2005 10:41 AM

Don't bother shooting em boys. I have killed one and they are the foulest smelling critter I ever stewed. And secondly, boy do you ever feel inadequate when you see the size of that 3rd leg

Cyrus 02-18-2005 11:19 AM

LOL!
Was that really Andre The Giant as Bigfoot in the 6 million dollar man?

I'm pretty dure I'd drop one too. I think I'd be crapping my pants though if I ever did see one.

i shoot stuff 02-18-2005 01:42 PM

ill second what syrus said

bawanajim 02-18-2005 02:45 PM

I'd only shoot one iffen it were purddy, than I could mount it.

kirkl 02-18-2005 02:58 PM

Youd be a millionare if ya did shoot one.
Think of how much you could sell it to science for. highest bidder wins.

duramaxlt 02-18-2005 05:04 PM

all i'm going to say is that if your hunting with me don't dress up like big foot.

1950KID 02-18-2005 06:24 PM

No brainer. I'd let him walk.

James B 02-18-2005 07:15 PM

Hell NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you ever see a tag for one? Besides his shoes wouldn't fit me anyway.:D

Elkcrazy8 02-18-2005 10:22 PM

Depends on how big he is. I might let him walk and wait for a bigger.

glob3006 02-19-2005 08:28 AM

To shoot would be unethical!! So I would have Mr Bigfoot cozy up, get some pictures and get on the Jerry Springer show!!
Now hows that for ethics

121553 02-19-2005 11:34 AM

I thought of shooting one several different times over the past few years, maybe I might even shoot it soon, not really to sure if I will or not, but I''m not marring one again. ;) Bobby

SuperRedHawk 02-19-2005 01:50 PM

I would drop em. Just to get the back straps![:'(]

Mr. Longbeard 02-19-2005 08:04 PM

While you trying to catch one I'll be laughing all the way to the bank:D

outwesthunter 02-20-2005 07:43 AM

I don't think I could shoot it even if I wanted. Bigfoot Fever is twice as bad as buck fever.

jcb9901 02-20-2005 08:06 AM

I would shoot it,then I would have enough money to hunt everyday if I so desired.It would give scienetist the proof that they do exist and they could autopsy and see what they eat which might help in the capture of a live specieman.

James Vee 02-20-2005 08:34 AM

Drop it like it's hot.

mybigredford 02-21-2005 02:29 PM

i would shoot it, but only to injure it enough that it will still be able to live, then like someone said highest bidder wins.

Rustyaxecamp 02-21-2005 02:45 PM

How would you know where you could shoot it and not kill it? What if you wounded it and it got mean?:D

Erik

Rusty Axe Camp

dvdegeorge 02-21-2005 02:51 PM

Boy,cabin fever has really set in!

RedAllison 02-21-2005 07:29 PM

lmfao, yeah I dont know what I would be more scared of... a 8' tall, 750# human like "thing" with the strength of 10 men, or the hunter who could wound one bad enough for capture and then load it up in his truck and haul it back to town to show everyone?

Unethical? How could it be unethical to kill something that isnt even proven to exist? If by some chance you were hunting on a remote island in the Pacific and just by chance a giant TRex came by and you put him down with your custom 460 Wby Mag, would that be unethical? I for one would be ELATED.

As for spending all that money, I doubt anyone would see single DIME. Between the laws for killing "non season species" and the various flower sniffers who got "preservation of bigfoot" laws passed. I think you would get off quicker killing a crazy neighbor in a ape suit.

Hmmm, I supposed I would put the crosshairs of my Warbird right atop its heart!!!
RA

ps
Where da fek would your taxidermist get a form for it? Last I checked the supply houses didnt have "humanoid forms" of any kind!

RobinHood36 02-22-2005 06:05 AM

Folks lets just say: WHAT HAPPENS IN THE WOODS----------STAYS IN THE WOODS!!!
RobinHood36>>>-------------<>

rather_be_huntin 02-22-2005 03:30 PM

Nah. If he left me alone I'd leave him alone. If it was my neighbor I'd kick his a$$ just on principal though.

bullmoose38 02-25-2005 04:01 PM

If it would score P&Y I would have to take it!:D

BTM 03-05-2005 09:41 PM

I heard Mitch Rompola killed one a few years ago but refused to show it to anybody.

losthwy 03-06-2005 04:38 AM

Naw. I wouldn't shoot the Tooth Fairy either.

Jeep4x4 03-07-2005 07:01 PM

I've always wanted a bigfoot to hang on the wall :D