HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   If you saw a bigfoot/sasquatch would you shoot it? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/90955-if-you-saw-bigfoot-sasquatch-would-you-shoot.html)

Rustyaxecamp 02-18-2005 09:47 AM

RE: If you saw a bigfoot/sasquatch would you shoot it?

Some people think of the meaning of life while in the woods or see the beauty in a possum, whatever. It's good to know other hunters think of things like bigfoot and the methods involved in taking him down.

I had several lengthy debates with my friends during my college years and came to the conclusion, that I could take a whitetail on a fishing pole.

My plan was to be in a tree stand, look for a yearling doe, use braided, very heavy line, an appropriate treble hook, an apple for bait, a stout rod, and a reel with good drag. I think a treestand with a chair like on Quint's boat on Jaws (you know, where I could strap in).

At least I know I am not alone in thinking things like this.

Erik

Rusty Axe Camp

Montana Bob 02-18-2005 10:03 AM

ORIGINAL: hillbillyhunter1
OK Bob, if you have spent so much time considering capture, What method are you thinking? Open Pit with branches on top (like a gilligan's Island episode)?, snare with bait?
pouring salt on its stub of a tail? :D:D:D:D
Well the way I envision it is that Bigfoot comes wandering in to my camp from the smell of bacon. I entice him in to share a meal. He likes it so much he follows me back home and I put him up to live in my 5th wheel.
You know just like Harry and The Hendersons

BareBack Jack 02-18-2005 10:11 AM

I would shoot it,not cause I wan't to kill it,but to just prove it realy dose exsist(or did).As for the neighbor,he aparently lost his mind.;)

Racor 02-18-2005 10:28 AM

I don't think I'd shoot it...cause then you'd have to drag it!! or would you quarter it? Cape it? Hmmm....

TerryM 02-18-2005 10:41 AM

Don't bother shooting em boys. I have killed one and they are the foulest smelling critter I ever stewed. And secondly, boy do you ever feel inadequate when you see the size of that 3rd leg

Cyrus 02-18-2005 11:19 AM

LOL!
Was that really Andre The Giant as Bigfoot in the 6 million dollar man?

I'm pretty dure I'd drop one too. I think I'd be crapping my pants though if I ever did see one.

i shoot stuff 02-18-2005 01:42 PM

ill second what syrus said

bawanajim 02-18-2005 02:45 PM

I'd only shoot one iffen it were purddy, than I could mount it.

kirkl 02-18-2005 02:58 PM

Youd be a millionare if ya did shoot one.
Think of how much you could sell it to science for. highest bidder wins.

duramaxlt 02-18-2005 05:04 PM

all i'm going to say is that if your hunting with me don't dress up like big foot.